Please Help Bluray Movies Not Working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bjcool

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:02 AM

Hey everyone, i have a 60Gb PS3 Model & had 3.50 FW. When i heard about this downgrade from a mate & he said he successfully downgraded his PS3 & Bluray movies work fine, so i tried it. I used the PS3YES dongle & managed to downgrade it....but now im so upset because now when i play a bluray movie, it keeps saying "Play back of BDs is prohibited on this system, contact support for assistance".
I tried these solutions from the folllowing links:
& still doesn't work! Please some someone help me!....i have lots of bluray movies to watch =(

#2 1nsan3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Location:United States Of This is not a free country no more
  • Interests:Banging The Govt
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

thats because his may of worked but it said that some systems this happens to. so.

i would of waited for a fix to come out first. but hey if ya just have to watch bluray either buy a bluray player or upgrade back to 3.50

not much u can do otherwise just wait for a fix if one does come out.

Good Luck

#3 postal worker

postal worker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:13 AM

this may help you with a fix :

#4 atreyu187

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:22 AM

Upgrading will not do anything, but you are in luck as I have repaired 6 consoles in the last two days. Here you go

it isn't the suggested way to do this yet but it is the only way to repair it really. You may luck up and be able to replace the dev_3 folder with a model the same as yours and they can be found on that site as well but out of 8 I have tried only one actually worked. The above method has been 100% effective if you read and can recall the newest bluray you played last. They are working on a easier way but till then this leaked way from a tester (now banned lol) is the only fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users