• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ieracos

Ieracos

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:39 AM

Hi, I used to play with Xbox hacks in the (not so) recent past, but now I forgot about everything, and documentation is more difficult to find than it was years ago. My actual situation is this one: I have a 1.4 Xbox; I dumped the eeprom, so I could change the HardDisk, but the software is the original MS one (Kernel 1.00.5101.01, Dashboard 1.00.4920.01); it is softmodded (I think with fonts exploit, or something similar) and when I select the "Xbox Live" label, it starts Phoenix Bios Loader that loads UnleashX; there's also a Xebian Linux installed on the F: partition (I'm pretty sure it's F:, but it could also be another one) that can be started from inside UnleashX. This Xbox is fully working, but it was abandoned for years. Now, I've taken it back with 2 goals in mind:
1) Being able to use the Xbox with XBMC (this will be the only usage for the 99% of the time);
2) Being able to play some games (originals and backups) from time to time.
I also want to access rapidly to this functions (the less "clicks" and loads it is, the better it is), and I think, being an experienced Linux user, I'll have no difficulties to do everything to accomplish this goal too (flashing the bios, locking/unlocking the hdd, install new things, ecc).
So, do you have any tutorial/suggestions/hints/ecc to help me doing this? I'd really appreciate your help smile.gif
Thanks in advance.

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:18 PM

Just see how you can use the xboxhdm and kingroach ndure to have your xbox boot into an alternative dash like Unleashx. Replace that dash by the xbmc launcher so that the xbox boots directly into xbmc. The ndure is the latest, very stable, most used softmod.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users