#1 wizdumb

wizdumb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:28 AM

A friend of mine gave me his defective BC 80gb ps3 because he picked up a slim. The first thing I do is plug it in, flip the switch on the back, and it immediately turns on (green light) without me having to touch the touch sensitive button then flashes green with a beep and finally beeps one more time (light is still green) hangs for about 1 second then turns off to standby mode. When I try to turn it on via the power button or eject it does not respond. However when I unplug the power cable and plug it back in the same thing happens with the 1 green flash and 3 long beeps before shutting down again.

Any idea as to what it may be? I have repaired ps3 consoles before but have never came across this type of error.

The hard drive can be ruled out as the culprit as it was the first thing I swapped after the error.

#2 MODSTERINC

MODSTERINC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:54 PM

ok open the ps3 up and check the ribbon cable on the bd drive that connects to mobo. sounds like this is not installed right and if its installed wrong the ps3 will do what you just described turn automatically and will not work

Edited by MODSTERINC, 05 February 2011 - 11:55 PM.

#3 swindy43

swindy43

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

It will work out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users