Photo

Hd Optional Media Update? Can I Still Jtag?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gersrt

gersrt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:06 AM

Hi

I have a second xbox 360 that I want to use as a media extender.

If I do the optional Hd media update. Will I still be able to Jtag at a latter stage.

Im just not in a position to Jtag right now. Thanks

#2 f0xrolder

f0xrolder

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:00 PM

Depends on what version of Dash you have. If your console is exploitable and you can jtag it, I would recommend doing that other wise for non jtagged consoles the only way to get the optional media update is to connect the console to xbox live play a media file and let it download the codecs through their servers.

if you have a console manufactured before 6-1-2009 and running upto 7371 dash your console should b exploitable. other than that dvd-rom firmware flashing is the only other hack to do to a 360, If you dont want to jtag it swap it or sell it to some1 who does.

#3 gersrt

gersrt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(f0xrolder @ Dec 16 2010, 02:00 PM) View Post

Depends on what version of Dash you have. If your console is exploitable and you can jtag it, I would recommend doing that other wise for non jtagged consoles the only way to get the optional media update is to connect the console to xbox live play a media file and let it download the codecs through their servers.
if you have a console manufactured before 6-1-2009 and running upto 7371 dash your console should b exploitable. other than that dvd-rom firmware flashing is the only other hack to do to a 360, If you dont want to jtag it swap it or sell it to some1 who does.

I understand that mate thanks, but what I wanna know is if the update will update my dash, or any thing else, that will make my console un jtagable at a later stage.

Thanks

#4 f0xrolder

f0xrolder

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

In order for you to connect to live, and get the optional media update you will have to accept a system update. You have to be on the same dash as everyone else to have access to live and its resources. so unless u update to 12611 ur stuck.

Says it all here http://forums.xbox-s...o...637843&st=0

Edited by f0xrolder, 16 December 2010 - 04:45 PM.

#5 gersrt

gersrt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(f0xrolder @ Dec 16 2010, 05:21 PM) View Post

In order for you to connect to live, and get the optional media update you will have to accept a system update. You have to be on the same dash as everyone else to have access to live and its resources. so unless u update to 12611 ur stuck.

Says it all here http://forums.xbox-s...o...637843&st=0

Ok Thanks.

God dam, all I want to do is watch a hd channel through media center.

Can any one point me to the easiest tut for jtag, its almost a year now since I done one. Hoping its gotton easier.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users