Joining Offline Profile With Live Profile (same Gamertag)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ResidentEvil4Life

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:54 AM

I have an unusual situation I'm dealing with and I wonder if anyone had similar problem or knows the answer to this:

Last november I got bannned, just like many others did. I knew that my profile and saves would get corrupt on another xbox 360, but I did not buy another xbox 360 so I was stuck with banned console.

About 2 months after that my xbox 360 hard drive failed and I lost my profile and all my saves. I had to buy another hard drive on ebay, and because my xbox 360 was banned I could not connect to xbox live to recover my profile and gamerscore, so I created new offline profile but I used same gamertag nickname as I had on my old hard drive. Since then I accumulated many new saves and achivements.

Now I just bought another xbox 360 that is capable connecting to live; I should get it in a mail in few days. I read this tutorial on how to uncorrupt a profile but will it work in my case since I had to create new offline profile on my banned 360 but using same gamertag nickname as I had on live before I got banned? In other words, if I do what's in tutorial and then connect hard drive to my new xbox 360 and then recover my profile from live - will xbox join my old gamerscore from live with the offline one that has the same gamertag? I just dont want a situation where if I do something wrong I will loose my new gamerscore and saves.

Edited by ResidentEvil4Life, 17 December 2010 - 02:40 AM.

#2 ResidentEvil4Life

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:10 AM

Anyone has an opinion on this? I did an extensive google search but could find a situation similar to mine.

#3 Popple

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:58 PM

Im sick and real dizzy but I think I get you.

You can un-corrupt any profile then put it back on a live console to accumulate score.

If you created a new tag with the same name and wanna know if you can connect it to live to merge the gamer score then no. The xbox will ask you to change the new tags name as your current one is in use.

Is that what your asking?

Edit: You know another option would be to recover your older tag (The first one you lost) Or stick with this one. You could get both of them back but Xbox Live will ask you to change the name of the new one an it will be treated as a new tag altogether.

Edited by Popple, 17 December 2010 - 02:02 PM.

#4 ResidentEvil4Life

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

Thanks! That's what I was afraid of - that xbox live will refuse to merge gamerscores from my new profile with the old one, even though its the same gamertag.
But what about if I resign my current saves with profile and console ids from my old profile? Will it add achievements from those saves to my old original profile, because technically they are my personal saves, not downloaded from someone else on the web?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users