• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pntball650

pntball650

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

So my modem is way too far away and I am attempting to share the wireless connection from my laptop. I have windows 7 and the modem is a Linksys wrt54g. I tried to go in Network Connections and select the two boxes under the sharing tab for my wireless connection. For some reason it will not connect to xbox live. When I run the test it says it can't obtain an ip address. Anyone know if there are router settings or something that needs to be changed or am I going about all this wrong?

Thanks

nevermind fixed it. For anyones future reference all it required was to pull up the router settings and under the security tab uncheck

Block Anonymous Internet Requests
Filter Multicast
Filter Internet NAT Redirection

#2 Dylan612

Dylan612

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:26 AM

I need help BAD!!

Ok so on Saturday I had to recover my computer (Windows XP). I also have a Sprint aircard U301. I have been using it to get on live for the past year now. But ever since I recovered my computer I can not connect to xbox. It cant obtain an IP or DNS address. I have tried every thing but still nothing. When I open my network connections its says Dial-up (Sprint) and LAN (Xbox) I can not bridge these and when I try to share it, it wont obtain my IP or DNS. Any help would be great.

Also...

When I connect my Xbox and Aircard it is multiple connections are not allowed. So I went and turned off the Internet Protocol and it allows it but wont obtain a IP or DNS Is there any way to allow 2 connections? blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users