X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

Hi,

Im looking for some current info on DLC, particularly FO3 GOTY.

I know that apparently I'm supposed to be able to jsut burn the disc, and safely apply the update as my dash is already 12611. However, I've been trying to do it manually.....is there a way to get it to work jsut copying the files?

I copied the actual expansions to hdd1\content\0000000\
I copied the title updates to hdd1\titile updates ( i think. I'm at work so cant check)

I launch the game, and it's remained unchanged. I i think I'm missing a step, and I've come across some people saying you need to patch the xex, and others saying it's no longer necessary.

Can someone take me thru the steps if they have time? Or if not....

So I just wanted clarification. Can someone that has applied successfuly let me know if it's safe to apply the update from disc with a jtag running 12611? Is there anyone that has some documentation on how to apply manually? complete with xex patchcing if required? If it's easier, I'll just apply the update from disc, I just oviously don't want to patch my jtag and have it not be exploited anymore.

#2 Ketchup_Bomb

Ketchup_Bomb

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Lacrosse, Running
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:39 PM

Title Updates (TU's) go in HDD1\Cache\
Make sure you have the most recent TU in the correct folder.

As for the DLC content, why not just install it to the HDD via Kinect's Install Game feature? It will move everything to the appropriate location.

Someone might need to correct me on this, but I would also think that the DLC would need to be in a GoD format, which installing the game through Kinect would automatically do.

#3 azuziel

azuziel

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE(Ketchup_Bomb @ Dec 20 2010, 05:39 PM) View Post

Title Updates (TU's) go in HDD1\Cache\
Make sure you have the most recent TU in the correct folder.

As for the DLC content, why not just install it to the HDD via Kinect's Install Game feature? It will move everything to the appropriate location.

Someone might need to correct me on this, but I would also think that the DLC would need to be in a GoD format, which installing the game through Kinect would automatically do.

Thanks for the info. When you say install via kinect install game feature, I'm thinking you mean the install to hard drive feature....wouldnt' that require a disc check on start up?

I've added all 3 TU's to hdd1\cache
then i tried just TU 3 to hdd1\cache

Also put the actual expanion files in hdd1\content\0000000\

Still not working. Running the default.xex for the expansion from hard drive results in "cannot load expansion".

I've been told that if I burn the GOTY to disc, and then pop it in, it will ask to update. I've been told since I'm already on 12611, that applying said update would be safe. Thoughts? Has anyone done this succesffuly and still had their exploit afterwards?

I've read a ton about how to install DLC, and have it working with other titles, so I'm thinking it's this particular DLC that is torublesome. I think part of the problem, is that the GOTY disc 2, is just an auto-patch program that dumps stuff to the proper locations, and patches the xex ( i think, not entirely sure), all i know....is using the same method I've used for others isnt working, and using wx360 to extact is not working that way either.

I'm reobtaining the ISO image, and currently I only have wx360 extracted files. I'll do the update as a last ditch effort, and only after I'm fairly certian it's safe. Would hate to ruin a jtag due to DLC.

Edited by azuziel, 21 December 2010 - 07:37 PM.

#4 azuziel

azuziel

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:31 AM

Ok - so I used IMGBURN to select the files and folders I had in my fallout GOTY folder, and created an ISO.

I then burned fallout GOTY, popped in in 360 (thinking no way this is gonna work), and the jtag picked it up (though I have modded FW as well). So now, when I launch, it launches and says:

Expansion Pack Installer -

An update is required to install this expansion pack. Update now?

So, I chose no, and obviously it punts me back to FSD.....

I'm running 12611, can anyone (preferably) that has done this, answer whether it is safe to install this update? I've found a few sources that says it is on other sites, but I'm careful who's advice I follow. The last thing I want is to close the exploits. I paid someone else to do the JTAG, and I'm not sure if they bridged, or removed (pardon the ignorance) the resistor that causes the efuse to blow. So until I find out, or do it myself, I'm going to assume it isn't removed.

Anyone? Pretty please?

huh.gif

***edit****

the other site said as long as you're on 8955 you're fine. I know I have a higher dash, so it should be good. But I'm just being uber careful here.

Until I get a concrete answer, I'm just going to hold off on it. Still playing the main game currently anyway.

****edit 2*****

Also, thought it important to mention that there is no $systemupdate$ folder in this image. Not sure if there was, and it was removed, as I'm still awaiting my retail. There is an update.bin file, is there an app I can use to examine it and see if there's code to blow efuses, if so, can someone tell me what I need?

Edited by azuziel, 22 December 2010 - 12:35 AM.

#5 azuziel

azuziel

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

update

Ok - so I've created an ISO from my retail disk 2. Used wx360 to extract files. There is a $systemupdate% folder. I remove it. Burn to disc....

When I pop the disc into my jtag unit, it still says a system update is required. But I've removed the systemupdate folder/file , so would it just be installing the DLC then? Does anyone know what's going on with this update, or has anyone else installed via DISC on a jtag unit, and can confirm safe? Again, already on 12611.

Secondly, are game updates the same as dash updates? Or is there different code? From waht I understand, as long as you're on a higher or identical dash, then the update on the disc, then you should be alright. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

#6 Ketchup_Bomb

Ketchup_Bomb

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Lacrosse, Running
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

I dunno how I missed your earlier replies. Sorry about that.

What I meant was why not install the game's DLC like "normal"? My copy of Oblivion came with two discs: one with game data, the other containing DLC. I put in the game disc, and installed to the HDD using NXE. I then put in the second disc, and told the Xbox to run/play it. It then had an installer place the necessary DLC files on the HDD. Oblivion was able to recognize it when playing using the game disc. Is this different than what is on the Fallout 3 DLC disc? I would run/play the DLC disc and do what it tells you to do to install the DLC onto the HDD.

Also, if your JTAG is running 12611, you can allow system updates all you want. It will check to see if you have the current kernel and skip if you do, then install necessary files to a storage device. You don't need to worry about unprotected efuses if you're already running the correct hacked kernel, which you are if your system is reporting 12611 on System Settings.

Edit:
QUOTE(azuziel @ Dec 21 2010, 04:31 PM) View Post
Also, thought it important to mention that there is no $systemupdate$ folder in this image. Not sure if there was, and it was removed, as I'm still awaiting my retail.
Then where did you get this copy of Fallout 3 if you're "waiting your retail"?

Edited by Ketchup_Bomb, 28 December 2010 - 10:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users