• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 soonerbomb

soonerbomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

Hi, I've googled and searched here and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I'm very familiar with xbox's and computers a like, however, I'm not familiar with Jungleflasher. My Benq drive failed and I ordered another Benq drive. Now I need to extract the key and replace it in the new drive. I understand this is fairly simple. However I see the extract and unlock options in a few places and do not want to ruin either of these drives. I have read a few forums where people gave steps, but they aren't very detailed and I want to know exactly what to click and where? Can anyone give me a detailed tutorial? Thanks in advance...

#2 Takashi

Takashi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

The most detailed tutorial you're going to find is already there.
http://www.junglefla.../downloads.html

#3 soonerbomb

soonerbomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:23 PM

I downloaded the tutorial, but it's still a bit fuzzy to me. When I connect the original drive to my laptop do I run the Firmware tool or the MTK Flash 32? The steps I see seem to be to flash/unlock the drive. What I'm wanting to do is simply extract the key from the old drive and reflash it to the new drive. If so, it would appear that everything is done in MTK Flash 32. I'm just wanting to make sure I do it correctly so I do not lose the key, mess up the new drive, or end up getting myself banned from xbox for doing the wrong flash!!!

#4 Svantesson666

Svantesson666

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

You seem to understand the tutorial just fine. MTK Flash 32 tab is the place to be if you want to extract the firmware from a BenQ.

#5 soonerbomb

soonerbomb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:29 AM

If I understand correctly....I hook up my old drive, open jungleflasher, go to mtk flash tab, unlock benq drive, perform the intro, then read my firmware and save it to the .bin file. Then, I disconnect my old drive at that point and connect the new drive (do I unlock it also?), then I write my old firmware to the new drive and then run the outro....is this correct or is there something I'm missing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users