4 replies to this topic

#1 garylou

garylou

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:26 PM

Hi,
I've learned so much reading this forum and a big thankyou to everyone who has helped in the past but I just cant seem to find the answers I'm looking for with regards to using live, maybe it's cause I'm looking in the wrong place.
Anyway my son wants to use live as part of his xmas presents and I need advice if possible.
I recently had it upgraded to LT+ (previously 1.61). Since the box was modded it has never been online. I do realise it is never "safe" to go online but does LT+ help the situation. I suppose what I'm trying to say is if I went online with my previous firmware I know I would be banned, but will I still be banned immediately with LT+?
I have played numerous games since it was modded but as I say never online.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

Not immediately, no. It's likely (basically guaranteed) you'll be banned in the future, but rather unlikely that it'll happen immediately when you sign up.

#3 garylou

garylou

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

Thanks mate for the reply. So it could happen anytime though. It's probably better to get a 2nd console?

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

It could happen at any time, yes. Trends have been bannings in the fall, but that didn't happen this year. It's recommended to have one console for offline (modded) and one for online (stock).

#5 red_ring_of_box

red_ring_of_box

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:28 AM

I'm gonna have to second Aldanga on this one. Its gonna really suck when your son comes home from school and finds that his Xbox has been banned off of live and all his saves have been locked to that console. Having to give you the burden of resigning all his saves to the new console you will have to buy. I think currently gamestop has(if you live in the US at least) the Original 360 for $99 used. I'd just pick one of those up, and try to make sure its a jasper, to use for live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users