• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 buttonmash1989

buttonmash1989

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

The DVD drive in my XBOX is busted, but i have an IDE DVD drive spare. Problem is, the power connector on the XBOX is different to what the standard IDE devices had.

Question is what kind of cable/adapter will i need to fit in my PC IDE drive?

#2 Joes2Silly

Joes2Silly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

You just need a molex splitter, so you attach both your DVD drive and your hard drive to the one molex connector coming from the power supply. But you won't be able to play original xbox games with a PC DVD drive though....

#3 buttonmash1989

buttonmash1989

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:25 AM

I happen to have softmodded it and use the UnleashX dash, more importantly, will i be able to at least copy games from the disc?

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE(buttonmash1989 @ Jan 5 2011, 07:25 PM) View Post

I happen to have softmodded it and use the UnleashX dash, more importantly, will i be able to at least copy games from the disc?

no, you wont be able to read originals at all. but thats a moot point as you cant use a PC drive with a softmod anyway, youll have to look into getting another xbox drive as a replacement

#5 buttonmash1989

buttonmash1989

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

Ive got my self a splitter and connected it to my HDD and my DVD drive, however, when i turn on the system, it detects that i dont have a DVD drive connected and fails to go to the UnleashX dash.

Ive connected the IDE cable that normally goes to the original XBOX DVD drive to my PC DVD drive. The eject button also happens to work on the one i connected.

How can i solve this?

#6 spawnergr

spawnergr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

I think that you need to have both drives connected (both meaning the old broken drive and the pc drive) because on start the xbox makes a check on all things and then in your case doesn't get the OK needed from the old dvd drive so it hangs up/locks up/shows error codes.

SpawNerGR

Edited by spawnergr, 15 January 2011 - 10:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users