• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 barretp

barretp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:19 AM

Ok, this might be a long post but I will try to explain everything in as much detail as possible.

I have a 32 inch Samsung LCD, model number LNT3253hx/xaa. I have one of the earlier xboxs with out HDMI, not sure exactly what version.

The problem started a couple of days ago. I have been playing COD black ops a lot lately and I noticed the colors were sort of messing up. It's hard to explain exactly, but it was like there was some blue shading that started to cover the picture. I kept playing thinking maybe it would just eventually go away.

Then one day, I went to turn on the xbox and it powered up, but there wasn't any video or audio. The tv simply said "Format Not Supported." I did some googling and found this a problem on Samsung tvs. I figured the xbox must be outputting in a resolution the tv cannot accept. Well after much frustration, I eventually go it to work by "blindly" navigating to the display settings and changing it. The picture popped back up and I was able to continue playing for the day.

Well the next the same thing happened. I tried to "blindly" navigate for the display settings and change them for 3 hours but was never able to get it to work. I started googling to see what might be the cause of the problem and I saw posts about the x clamp fix. Well I took apart my xbox to see if I could see what the problem might be. Well after taking off the gpu x clamp I noticed a loose resistor and missing resistor. Is there anyway to solder one back to the board?

I've included a picture of the back of the gpu after the xclamp has been removed. The red is loose resistor and the yellow is the missing

http://imgur.com/ng3lE.jpg

LONG STORY SHORT: I opened my xbox and noticed there was a resistor missing on the back of the gpu. Is there any way I can fix this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users