• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MaxxFusion

MaxxFusion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:19 AM

Just bought a used elite. When i first got it it got an e74 error. Did the RROD fix on it using the screws and washers. Now i can boot into a game and play witout getting the e74 error. However now after i play for a bit i start getting purple pixels on the screen. THis doesnt happen until I am playing for about 10 minutes or so.

I have been searching all day and have found different answers on this. I saw some kind of penny fix on the hans chip. I found another video saying that its the gpu over heating and is what causes this error. I opened the xbox today and redid the rrod fix but still get the same result.

Is there any hope of bringing this xbox back to like or did i get ripped off?

If anyone could help i would appreciate it.

#2 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:42 AM

Best would be to get the console reflowed. Then x-clamp fix it and use good thermal paste, if you like a mini heatsink on top of the Hana/Ana chip.

#3 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:05 AM

I recently bought a cheap 360 that had the E74 error and after doing the x-clamp removal and bolt/ washer trick it was still the same, i found a tut on using a heat gun under the hana chip and i gave that a go and now its working perfectly. Search the site for E74 heat gun fix - its worth a try , then you can look at a cooling to mod so it doesnt happen again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users