Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

Xbox 360 Controller Chatpad Drivers v0.0.3a for Windows
Posted by XanTium | December 26 17:35 EST | News Category: Xbox360

GAFBlizzard of the mp3car.com forums posted an alpha release of the Xbox 360 Controller Chatpad drivers for Windows XP/Vista/7:

This project aims to provide drivers and utilities to provide unofficial support for the Microsoft XBox 360 controller chatpad under various Windows operating systems. The chatpad is a small keyboard that attaches to a controller, but Microsoft has not released Windows drivers. Thus, this project exists to provide a solution.

Currently, only wired controllers are supported. Future plans include investigating support for wireless XBox 360 controllers.

Official Site: https://code.google....d-super-driver/
Download: here
News-Source: mp3car.com

#2 helgebelt

helgebelt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

This is great!
But what do you need to use a wireless controller on my PC. I have heard that you need a wireless reciever. I think i have seen one and it looks like my wireless reciever for my wireless keyboard and mouse from microsoft. Do you think that I can use it for my controller? I think it uses 2.4ghz signal also.

#3 ddxcb

ddxcb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:10 AM

im surprized that the news landed here. tongue.gif

BTW i was the first person of releace to get win XP and win 7 chatpad drivers working.

and I am typeing on the xbox 360 chatpad as im posting. xD

after 3 years there are drivers YAY.

#4 BasicAir

BasicAir

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:Everything.
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

This is neat, and I support it 100% like any other hacking/modding efforts, but I really can't see it being that useful.

That said, it's still cool...

#5 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:00 AM

great work. This must benefit someone i'm sure.

#6 IAmTheDude360

IAmTheDude360

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE(BasicAir @ Dec 26 2010, 11:20 PM) View Post

This is neat, and I support it 100% like any other hacking/modding efforts, but I really can't see it being that useful.

That said, it's still cool...

Surprisingly, a controller with the use of Eventghost does a pretty decent job of controlling a HTPC running XBMC!

Set mine up with the old xbox1 pad when I couldnt find the old remote then played with the keyboard and mouse setting to use it to control Windows and all that was missing for 90% PC usage was a keyboard. RS to control mouse, A for LClick, B for RClick etc. Using EG you can do all sorts as well, had it so when you push up on LS it shift-tabs, down tabs etc so I could use explorer with ease.

Will be awesome when they do the wireless one though, I already use mine with a headset for skype with which I can also play a PC game while chatting smile.gif

When you look at the price of say, the Logitech diNovo mini, which now looking at it, hasnt got much more than a 360 pad, theres a great deal of use for it especially when almost everyone's got a pad smile.gif

#7 DevilDave

DevilDave

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

YES! FINALLY! Now I can play online games and chat on msn with the 360 controller on my TV! Have been waiting for this since I got the chatpad. This is great news. Waiting for wireless support as I don't have any wired controllers. It's so relaxing just using a gamepad instead of a bulky keyboard that takes space! biggrin.gif

#8 popaman

popaman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:22 AM

The perfect HTPC XBMC keyboard!!! smile.gif

#9 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:43 AM

This is very cool. Although I can't seem to get it working with mine at the moment. Will tinker with it later.

#10 ddxcb

ddxcb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Dec 26 2010, 06:43 PM) View Post

This is very cool. Although I can't seem to get it working with mine at the moment. Will tinker with it later.

I can do something to help you. what is the error code and what system are you running?

#11 Jurai

Jurai

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:45 AM

definitely a cool release, personally I use a 360 pad to control my HTPC since it allows me to launch emulators from xbmc and start gaming right away without having to switch to a different input device. Look forward to the chatpad driver being fleshed out

#12 troyBORG

troyBORG

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:14 AM

Awesome.
What I think would be cool is if you could use a program like Xpadder, to use this as additional buttons.

If so I can use this to play an MMO on my PC without needing to use my keyboard.

#13 helgebelt

helgebelt

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:47 PM

What things do you need to set up a wireless controller and the chatpad on my PC. I want to use my controller just like that dinovo mini. Any suggestion?

#14 parat8t9

parat8t9

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(IAmTheDude360 @ Dec 26 2010, 07:20 PM) View Post

Surprisingly, a controller with the use of Eventghost does a pretty decent job of controlling a HTPC running XBMC!

Set mine up with the old xbox1 pad when I couldnt find the old remote then played with the keyboard and mouse setting to use it to control Windows and all that was missing for 90% PC usage was a keyboard. RS to control mouse, A for LClick, B for RClick etc. Using EG you can do all sorts as well, had it so when you push up on LS it shift-tabs, down tabs etc so I could use explorer with ease.

Will be awesome when they do the wireless one though, I already use mine with a headset for skype with which I can also play a PC game while chatting smile.gif

When you look at the price of say, the Logitech diNovo mini, which now looking at it, hasnt got much more than a 360 pad, theres a great deal of use for it especially when almost everyone's got a pad smile.gif

How do you get to use your headset to talk in games? I've been trying to do this with Steam games like L4D2 but have had little luck. Can you steer me in the right direction?

Thanks

#15 IAmTheDude360

IAmTheDude360

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(troyBORG @ Dec 27 2010, 06:14 AM) View Post

Awesome.
What I think would be cool is if you could use a program like Xpadder, to use this as additional buttons.

If so I can use this to play an MMO on my PC without needing to use my keyboard.

Theres no reason it shouldnt. Usually, as long as its a functionaing/recongnized button within Windows the Xpadder should be able to map it smile.gif

QUOTE(helgebelt @ Dec 27 2010, 12:47 PM) View Post

What things do you need to set up a wireless controller and the chatpad on my PC. I want to use my controller just like that dinovo mini. Any suggestion?

As far as I know only the official MS wireless adapter will allow the connection, install with the official drivers then look into eventghost.

These drivers arent ready for the wireless controllers yet though.

QUOTE(parat8t9 @ Dec 27 2010, 03:07 PM) View Post

How do you get to use your headset to talk in games? I've been trying to do this with Steam games like L4D2 but have had little luck. Can you steer me in the right direction?

Thanks

I couldnt tell you exactly how with steam as I dont use it but using the official wireless kit and drivers, when you plug in your headset its recognised as a sound input and output device within Windows itself.

So with skype I just set them as the mic and heaadset and it works fine. Im sure steam should have some settings some where to select your audio devices.

They work natively when using GFWL as well, better quality to a point then on the 360.

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users