Fifaking22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:25 AM

Finally after lots of trials, research, dead boards and lots of questions and frustration. I managed to finish the hardest controller mod ive ever encountered. This is a tutorial on how to make it and I will outline the steps for you guys. (Here is tricky part. one part of the guide is going to be very vague due to the amount and different 360 and ps3 controller types used. Since all of them are different and unique in their own way and due to the fact that wiring and tracing is done differently among everyone, it doesn't matter how its done just that it just matters as long as its done right

Here's the first thread I made. Please read over it.. some of the common problems i had.- http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=711202

Here are some full pics of the completed project. Full tutorial with pics below.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Edited by Fifaking22, 31 December 2010 - 07:31 AM.

#2 Bos

Bos

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

How you managed to get the analog sticks that wonky?
They are permanently stuck to the left!

Can't see how it would work very well with em like that.

#3 Vr5fx

Vr5fx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(Bos @ Jan 3 2011, 08:23 PM) View Post

How you managed to get the analog sticks that wonky?
They are permanently stuck to the left!

Can't see how it would work very well with em like that.

This.
Also, it's not really a tut, it's a 360 controller on a PS3?

Edited by Vr5fx, 03 January 2011 - 11:03 PM.

#4 Fifaking22

Fifaking22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

Tutorial is coming up soon. Sorry for the delay because its long and organizing the pics takes forever. Please be patient. Thanks

#5 ibuddha

ibuddha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

I'm not the best with tools and the such so i'll try my best as long as your tut is easy! lol

#6 grimm0ne

grimm0ne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Currently in school for Network & Comm's
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

been fallowing this mod for some time now, and would like to give it a shot but i'm liking this way better than Ben's, but not quite sure with this wiring the two boards together.

so if your still working on the "how to" im game and if anyone has a good write up on the wiring let me know, I pay for info.

#7 pigbait

pigbait

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

Good job man, hope to see this tut soon smile.gif

#8 Fifaking22

Fifaking22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

Im back again this time I completed my second one. Im still working on the back case fiasco and after that it should be sealed up and ready for someone else. This project was a nightmare yet again. Even though I had completed it once, i got a different board and it made life hell for me. But im glad because although it was waay harder, its way better looking. Anyways here's the pic and sorry to inform you guys but it will not be as detailed as i hoped(LISTEN) for two reasons. 1. Because there is way to much going on that if you get lost, unless you are dedicated you will end up giving up 2. I was a newbie when I started and now i have a fair understanding of how these things work. You will encounter alot of problems (weird ones too-especially my second.). I will come up with a brief step by step guide on how this should be done. The reason why this wont go into detail is because of board version and different rules apply for different boards. Both my two controllers had different boards. Also I will tip you in on the costly mistakes that cost some of my controllers' lives.Now on to the new controller pics. Enjoy and comment!

1. Front.
IPB Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2.Front
IPB Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users