Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:59 AM

GliGli Working on libXenon Support for Jasper 360s
Posted by XanTium | January 2 18:59 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Gligli is working to add support for JTAG/Homebrew Jasper 360s to libXenon, a library for writing programs for the Xbox 360 with XeLL, without using any existing code as a basis.

GliGli reports on logic-sunrise.com he managed to run a demo written with libXenon on a JTAGged 360 with Jasper motherboard.
There's still lots of work to be done, but once finished all JTAGable 360s will be compatible with the legal and open-source library. He hopes it will motivate more developers with write homebrew 360 programs using this legal alternative to the MS XeDK.

Official Site: http://free60.git.sourceforge.net | http://free60.org
News-Source: logic-sunrise.com

#2 bengrimsy

bengrimsy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:39 AM

YAY! Now..... I know we can boot back into xell once we boot a 360 all the way up into the m$ dash or whatever, but we need to modify xell to make shortcuts or whatever to automatically launch a program and be able to launch things made with libXenon from a hdd straight from a dash.... I know this is kinda the opposite of what some people want, and I even feel like i should be flamed for saying this, but we need to make it practical for the end user.

Edited by bengrimsy, 03 January 2011 - 04:49 AM.

#3 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:01 AM

I honestly don't hope that libxenon programs will launch directly from the stock dash, though I'm sure someone could write a loader that way. What I really hope is to have a totally alternate boot where you can run programs, including a program manager instead of needing to boot XeLL every time you want to run a program.

Now if I could figure out how this toolchain actually functions I'd be set to start working on some stuff...

#4 mechgamer123

mechgamer123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:13 AM

so was libxenon homebrew only available on xenon consoles? I assumed it was available on all revisions of the console.

#5 BrooksyX

BrooksyX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(mechgamer123 @ Jan 2 2011, 08:13 PM) View Post

so was libxenon homebrew only available on xenon consoles? I assumed it was available on all revisions of the console.

before it worked on every revision of the jtag except jasper. Now it works on all jtagged xbox 360 revisions.
(obviously it doesnt work on the slim xbox 360 as its not possible to jtag a slim yet/ever possible)

#6 hfmls

hfmls

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:BENFICA
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

"He hopes it will motivate more developers with write homebrew 360 programs using this legal alternative to the MS XeDK." smile.gif

#7 fratslop

fratslop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:07 PM

Come on legal homebrew.... maybe the Xbox can catch up to the ps3 someday?

#8 itoktoeatfish

itoktoeatfish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(bengrimsy @ Jan 3 2011, 05:39 AM) View Post

YAY! Now..... I know we can boot back into xell once we boot a 360 all the way up into the m$ dash or whatever, but we need to modify xell to make shortcuts or whatever to automatically launch a program and be able to launch things made with libXenon from a hdd straight from a dash.... I know this is kinda the opposite of what some people want, and I even feel like i should be flamed for saying this, but we need to make it practical for the end user.

Huh? He shut down the 360 and unplugged it and then booted into xell with the eject button. Could always do that.

#9 bengrimsy

bengrimsy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(itoktoeatfish @ Jan 3 2011, 12:23 PM) View Post

Huh? He shut down the 360 and unplugged it and then booted into xell with the eject button. Could always do that.

Gee you think? If you don't understand what I'm talking about, don't comment on it.

#10 BrooksyX

BrooksyX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE(itoktoeatfish @ Jan 3 2011, 09:23 AM) View Post

really? ur clown. thats not the point of the movie at all. it showing that jaspers jtags can run legal homebrew.

#11 itoktoeatfish

itoktoeatfish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:42 PM

Really? I thought it was just showing off booting to xell rolleyes.gif He never showed it booting to Xell from the dash board or imply its even possible. Yall clowns lol

#12 BrooksyX

BrooksyX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(itoktoeatfish @ Jan 3 2011, 01:42 PM) View Post

Really? I thought it was just showing off booting to xell rolleyes.gif He never showed it booting to Xell from the dash board or imply its even possible. Yall clowns lol

what are you talking about? this isnt an exploit. its a homebrew sdk so they can compile homebrew legally.

you really have no idea what your talking about don't you?

#13 GARRYB

GARRYB

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:27 AM

seriously guys you need to know this isnt a n exploit,but anyways hope we see some good homebrew like some nice media players. getting sick of people just using the jtag for pirating.

#14 bengrimsy

bengrimsy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE(itoktoeatfish @ Jan 3 2011, 04:42 PM) View Post

He doesn't have to imply that it's possible to boot back to xell from a dash, because it is possible, and it's well known. Don't go around calling people clowns when you are ignorant about a subject, and don't know whats going on. Going back to my original post on this thread, we need to make this more convenient for the end user. Because, apparently, some people are completely in the dark (*cough*itoktoeatfish) and will have troubles using software created with LibXenon. I can't wait for the N64 emu that GliGli is also working on. It looks AWESOME!!!!!! THANKS GliGli for all your hard work!!! smile.gif

#15 kingdt

kingdt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:48 AM

Looks promising, keep up the hard work, coz from alot of the comments no one else would have a clue how to do it and are just ungrateful.

All the slagging off on here is unbelievable and unconstructive. Just because someone doesn't know the intricate works of an xbox 360 doesn't make them stupid, everyone knows something someone else doesn't know. It's like the site is full of young insecure people who get some kind of power kick trying to verbally abuse people. See how many posts it takes for someone to slag me off laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users