pepito01226

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:17 AM

Ive flash a benq but never have done a lite-on. from what i see in modchips and tools there are quiet a few

but which is best?

I should include i have a limited budget at hands right now But i am in no rush to get anything and can wait. Just dont know what kind of chip/tool to get.

I found a few online. I have read the rules and will not post any links but i do want to know what you guys think

I know alot of people will say to get a CK3 Xecuter Connectivity Kit with a probe

but i've been looking around and seeing this no solder (noob version) Xecuter LT Clip and LT Switch v2 which still needs the CK3 connectivity kit and probe

I also seen Maximus Vampire Rebuild Board which needs im guessing CK3 connectivity kit but Maximus Vampire

and finally this Maximus 360 Litekey which needs the tracecut and to be solder but does not need any probing. From the description after the trace cut this chip does the "probing" all is needed is to set the tray halfway out to enter vendor mode and to fully dump.

I prefer the last one since the price is cheap, I have done soldering and am alittle above average I own my own temp control soldering station. I have no fear on doing a trace cut.

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:16 AM

Best, most reliable, and cheapest rout is THIS.

#3 pepito01226

pepito01226

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Jan 5 2011, 10:16 PM) View Post

Oh sweet, thanks.. hmmm will i need to have the switch on there permently when i need to update the dash and reinstall the original firmware? If so that will take alot of space in my system.

I still want to buy on of the above. I just want to know really if anyone has used Maximus 360 Litekey

Its a small chip and seems i have to solder the same points in the diagram linked to. But i dont need to drop the switch or add the 20ohm resister. the new version has 18,20,22ohm to switch to for different version of lite-on

#4 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:56 AM

You only need to do the MRA method ONCE! Once you have your firmware dump and drive key all future updates are done with software only and never need to take the drive apart again.

Those so called "chips" are NOT mod chips and in more than most cases ends up with a bricked console that ends up needing one of us professionals to repair for you if you are lucky and they can be repaired at all.

If you insist on spending your money on something then get THIS with the vampire spear addon. You will of course still need to cut traces and solder just like with anything but will make it a little easier all be it with the cost of some money.

#5 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:12 AM

The MRA and cheaper than buying the lt switches or vampire. Mra takes a bit more works, but its pretty easy. unless you believe you can do it, then you buy a device.

#6 pepito01226

pepito01226

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Jan 5 2011, 11:56 PM)

You only need to do the MRA method ONCE! Once you have your firmware dump and drive key all future updates are done with software only and never need to take the drive apart again.

Those so called "chips" are NOT mod chips and in more than most cases ends up with a bricked console that ends up needing one of us professionals to repair for you if you are lucky and they can be repaired at all.

If you insist on spending your money on something then get THIS with the vampire spear addon. You will of course still need to cut traces and solder just like with anything but will make it a little easier all be it with the cost of some money.

Oh ok, see i thought i needed to undo the solder point to drop the switch and reflash the original firmware before i do a dashboard update. BTW do i really need to use dosflash? Im new to using dosflash, I have more experiance with JF.

The MRA and cheaper than buying the lt switches or vampire. Mra takes a bit more works, but its pretty easy. unless you believe you can do it, then you buy a device.

well i really didnt need the CK3 Xecuter Connectivity Kit when i flashed my BenQ. I really dont see why i need it at all. But since i have a lite-on thats original to the xbox360 i saw that i needed to probe and cut a trace out i was wondering if there is a more cleaner look. Surfing google, i saw those chips and thought why not buy one and do some small soldering. But then i saw multi chips that can be bought but some that needs the probe and others that just need JF.It got all confusing, So i though of asking proffesional opions before i waste money. But more and more i see people are not buy any chip but doing the trace cut instead. so i will do the same smile.gif Like i said i do not fear doing the work but why work hard if i can work smart and having a small chip that does the work for me sounded smart before. Now with the results of brinking a discdrive it doesnt sound all to smart but more of a risk. I reather do the trace cutting thanks guys smile.gif

Edited by pepito01226, 06 January 2011 - 07:07 PM.

#7 pepito01226

pepito01226

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Jan 5 2011, 10:16 PM) View Post

Ok i did what that tutorial said to do, but in dosflash it doesnt pick it up and on JF I keep getting Ox51

I found a site and it said to click on "erase lite-on"

will that erase the key even though the system cant even access vedor mode?

If i do this and it does enter vendor mod, can i still dump the key or if i reset the system will I erase the entire system how will i be able to retrive it all back?

Edited by pepito01226, 08 January 2011 - 11:27 AM.

#8 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(pepito01226 @ Jan 8 2011, 05:24 AM) View Post

Ok i did what that tutorial said to do, but in dosflash it doesnt pick it up and on JF I keep getting Ox51

I found a site and it said to click on "erase lite-on"

will that erase the key even though the system cant even access vedor mode?

If i do this and it does enter vendor mod, can i still dump the key or if i reset the system will I erase the entire system how will i be able to retrive it all back?

Everything is done in Jungle Flasher. What tutorial are you fallowing?

BTW if you do liteon erase before getting your firmware dump you will be needing to buy a new console.

Edited by Ranger72, 08 January 2011 - 04:52 PM.

#9 pepito01226

pepito01226

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Jan 8 2011, 10:50 AM) View Post

Everything is done in Jungle Flasher. What tutorial are you fallowing?

BTW if you do liteon erase before getting your firmware dump you will be needing to buy a new console.

I fallowed This

And took advice from others on different forums who has gotten the same error after doing Boxxdr and MRA Method

I have another disc drive. A BENQ that i been using in the system. It works fine. I didnt need to spoof the lite-on key to the BenQ it didnt give me any error Ive been watching movies with it.

#10 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(pepito01226 @ Jan 8 2011, 12:12 PM) View Post

I have another disc drive. A BENQ that i been using in the system. It works fine. I didnt need to spoof the lite-on key to the BenQ it didnt give me any error Ive been watching movies with it.

yea you can watch all the movies you like but you wont be playing any games with it.

#11 pepito01226

pepito01226

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Jan 8 2011, 03:14 PM) View Post

yea you can watch all the movies you like but you wont be playing any games with it.

yeh been knowtisting that LOL. thats why the spoof for the key on the lite-on is need to spoof the same key and trick the system to beliee the benq is a lite-on.

btw they say MRA hack was missing something. since the trace was cut there was no voltage to somewhere. not to sure what they said. But they said to run a line on pin6 the 3.3v to the switch will enable the discdrive. Works perfictly to be. was still getting 0x51

I screwed up. Since i wasnt going anywhere i went ahead and did as the other site say and erase the lite-on. Now i got it on vender mode but cant extract the key in vender mode. JF wont let me. Is there anyway i can extract something or can i flash LT+v1.1 anyways?

#12 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE(pepito01226 @ Jan 8 2011, 03:26 PM) View Post

I screwed up. Since i wasnt going anywhere i went ahead and did as the other site say and erase the lite-on. Now i got it on vender mode but cant extract the key in vender mode. JF wont let me. Is there anyway i can extract something or can i flash LT+v1.1 anyways?

Buy yourself a new console.

next time be more careful or pay someone else to do it for you.

#13 pepito01226

pepito01226

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Jan 8 2011, 03:56 PM) View Post

Buy yourself a new console.

next time be more careful or pay someone else to do it for you.

Haha thats helpful..Thanks for the help anyways i did a big newbie mistake

On JF the name of the lite-on is winbond/nex (W25P20/NX25P20)

When I write it says there is no firmware detected. Can i drop in LT+ v1.1

I know im being buggy and somewhat annoying but I dont like to let things go when i prefer to fight it to the end haha

Is it possible to replace the lite-on disc drive for another? even if it has the same specifications the the one originally used on this xbox360?
Reason asking i did a very quick search on ebay and found a replacement remanifactured lite-on with the same specifications that i can see.. Including part no, PLDS part no, hardware version, Firmware version, model no. Only difference i see is month it was released. Mine was released in june the one on ebay was released in april

Edited by pepito01226, 08 January 2011 - 10:25 PM.

#14 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Jan 8 2011, 10:50 AM) View Post

QUOTE(pepito01226 @ Jan 8 2011, 04:10 PM) View Post

Haha thats helpful..Thanks for the help anyways i did a big newbie mistake

I think I gave you a chance earlier to not make this mistake. Had you only bothered to read.

There just simply is no option left for you but to buy a new console. I am not saying that to not sound helpful I am saying that because that is your only option you have left.

Sad thing is you had a chance not to have made thise mistake and yet you did.

Most of the time I feel sorry for people who do this without bothering to read directions but in this case you was clearly told what would happen if you did such a thing.

If you refuse to fallow any directions again in the future I do hope you will fallow this last one. When you get your new Xbox next time DONT OPEN IT UP!

#15 pepito01226

pepito01226

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Jan 8 2011, 04:34 PM) View Post

I think I gave you a chance earlier to not make this mistake. Had you only bothered to read.

There just simply is no option left for you but to buy a new console. I am not saying that to not sound helpful I am saying that because that is your only option you have left.

Sad thing is you had a chance not to have made thise mistake and yet you did.

Most of the time I feel sorry for people who do this without bothering to read directions but in this case you was clearly told what would happen if you did such a thing.

If you refuse to fallow any directions again in the future I do hope you will fallow this last one. When you get your new Xbox next time DONT OPEN IT UP!

haha thanks anyways and wow people make mistakes sorry i didnt come to your standards BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO CAPITAL LOCK

HAHAHAHA thanks for the help anyways I wont be a jerk and compain this was my fault. I think i will be able to replace this xbox360 through gamestop there not to bright at times I have already modded my shell im just thankful the system i got was a used one. the lite-on couldnt ready any disc anyways i was suspecting it was the lazor. I will swap the system out for another and WILL OPEN IT UP wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users