3 replies to this topic

#1 luiz12

luiz12

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:33 AM

Awhile back i bought a broken xbox from my friend and i repaired it with the Aoyue 968 and it worked fine for about 6 months. then it would break down every month now it breaks down every couple of days. before i would only reflow the GPU an CPU chips now i have to relfow the ram blocks too to make it run again. I check the temperatures when i reflow to make sure the solder melts and i sanded down the chassis so it doesn't flex. I always get 0102 what am i doing wrong..

#2 JamesOver9000

JamesOver9000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:50 AM

Sometimes it's just not meant to be...

Although I had the same situation with an Xbox of mine. But I finally decided to 12-volt the fans, externalize the disc drive, remove the memory card ports and cut a whole in the chassis case and faceplate for better airflow, and place an 80mm fan right on the CPU heatsink. And I'm in the process of cutting a window and don't have any plexiglass so there's just a nice hole in the top.

It stays pretty cool.

#3 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:04 AM

You could keep reflowing it or you could just get it reballed and add a second fan if you like.

#4 luiz12

luiz12

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:09 AM

would you recommend doing the 12v fan mod since all i have is a 5v fan and it doesn't blow much air. well for now i'm a keep the xbox caseless until i get one of the slim 360s so i think im a just keep the drive outside the chassis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users