X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:06 AM

TU's are no longer in the cache folder??? Can anyone confirm this?? If true it may be for one or both of the following reasons: A:They want to overcome the 20mb (or whatever it is I remember it's small) limit on TU's ....or B: They want to bring in AP 2.5 TU's in by stealth :-) Hmmmm

Like the update! We recently (and for the first time since we did out own version of FSD 1.2 - painstakingly untill FSD 2 was announced) decided FSD 2 RC 1.5 was stable enough to pass on to clients as an alternate to Xexmenu (That we have always used for a baseline dash to boot from dashlaunch) It seems user-friendly enough too (No complaints yet!)

I was unaware that using FSD 2 online with a live profile could cause flagging even when XBL is blocked sad.gif Can anyone give more detail on how we know that? I would really like to know (I'm aware of the usual data residue - is that what u mean DarkFiber?) If we knew exactly we could make a little app/plugin to strip this info off a profile perhaps.......

Brgds/Dan

BTW: We are soon releasing a new plugin! We just have to play with it a little more 1st! ;-)

#32 marcelosnp

marcelosnp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

FSD just keeps getting better! Cant wait for plugins (trainers mostly). Thanks FSD team!

i too biggrin.gif biggrin.gif love.gif

Edited by marcelosnp, 11 January 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#33 node21

node21

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(hack.rid @ Jan 10 2011, 06:02 PM) View Post

sounds quite finity.
not gonna happen AT ALL? or just not in the next few updates?

thanks for your time you guys sacrificing!

regards

Not gonna happen AT ALL. We don't plan to build in every possible app into FSD...just ones that make sense in a "DASH" replacement. There are already perfectly functioning nand flashers for the 360...use those instead.

QUOTE(r_f8 @ Jan 10 2011, 09:46 PM) View Post

Yeah but comes with the territory. If you can't stand to lose it don't risk it with beta builds. LMAO. I would submit a log but it deleted everything including FSD it's self.

This is really really bad. Please submit a log so we might be able to get a clue on how that happened. Sorry. And thanks for being so understanding. I'm not sure that I would be!

#34 itoktoeatfish

itoktoeatfish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(node21 @ Jan 11 2011, 06:32 PM) View Post

This is really really bad. Please submit a log so we might be able to get a clue on how that happened. Sorry. And thanks for being so understanding. I'm not sure that I would be!

Ive deleted GODs before with no ill effects but there have been times when I have deleted a GOD, it shows its gone, back out to the main screen and back in to the games list and shows the game there. Try deleting the same games 3 or 4 times and samething. Had to delete using a different file manager or unplug my hdd and delete via my computer.

#35 r_f8

r_f8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(node21 @ Jan 11 2011, 11:32 AM) View Post

Lol, hey it's testing. I can't submit a log. It deleted everything on the drive. Every last file. I think what happened was that there was a Quickboot container at the root of the drive. When I used the freestyle dashboard to delete what I thought was a duplicate game, it was the container and the dash thought it was deleting everything in a game folder and it was at the root of the drive. So it was my fault, but there should be some kind of check. This is pure speculation on my part, but it's logical. I can try to replicate it if you need me to. This is why we backup our backups.

#36 node21

node21

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(r_f8 @ Jan 11 2011, 01:19 PM) View Post

Lol, hey it's testing. I can't submit a log. It deleted everything on the drive. Every last file. I think what happened was that there was a Quickboot container at the root of the drive. When I used the freestyle dashboard to delete what I thought was a duplicate game, it was the container and the dash thought it was deleting everything in a game folder and it was at the root of the drive. So it was my fault, but there should be some kind of check. This is pure speculation on my part, but it's logical. I can try to replicate it if you need me to. This is why we backup our backups.

This is really helpful, and a really good guess at what went wrong. We'll look into it for sure.

Thanks!

#37 xmugen360

xmugen360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:04 PM

I have some very wierd minor issues. Maybe someone can help. Love the dash now that I figured out I had to save my pathing to my Games folder to get it to appear....

As others have posted deleting folders is not working properly here is what happened to me. I planned on playing Mass Effect over again so I could have a different save file to load in Mass Effect 2. Nways I got a disc unreadable and when I checked the Mass Effect folder it was missing alot of files. So I deleted it in FSD figured bad rip re rip. All was well. But now in my games list Mass Effect is listed twice. I only have one folder. I think it has something to do with how data scans not sure.

For the title update thing Does your Jtag need to be unbanned? I think I got mine's banned last night sadly accidently trying to troubleshoot kai. Reason why I ask is when I first tried this feature it was with Fallout New Vegas. Everything wet real smooth and title updates show on the list for me to make active or inactive etc. Now when I try it nothing seems to download under my http status noting populates in manage title updates but the wierd thing is when I check my cache folders I do find updates? So it that just a case of not all updates work/install the same?

Now for the kai issue. Ok got system link patched. Got Kxam in the root of my USB. On my PC Kai Engine starts orbital sync etablished got all the right settings checked off port 30000 UDP is open/forwarded both on my router and in Windows...Kai network is reachable. When I do diagnostics I do see my mac address. But my jtag never detects the kai engine. I have no clue why any help is appreciated....

#38 f34rther34pr

f34rther34pr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:modding, hacking
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

guys lets face it- 360 hacking is dead. its pointless IMO to dev apps for it still. all these devs should movbe onto the ps3 as that console actually has a chance still as it was recently hacked AND they got the keys to sign apps for it.

its the truth. face it

#39 node21

node21

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE(xmugen360 @ Jan 11 2011, 05:04 PM) View Post

For the title update thing Does your Jtag need to be unbanned?

Has nothing to do with it. The TUs come from a private server, not MS.

QUOTE(f34rther34pr @ Jan 11 2011, 05:18 PM) View Post

guys lets face it- 360 hacking is dead. its pointless IMO to dev apps for it still. all these devs should movbe onto the ps3 as that console actually has a chance still as it was recently hacked AND they got the keys to sign apps for it.

Wow, thanks for pointing that out! You've convinced me...I'm going to go delete all of my stuff since it doesn't matter anymore. rolleyes.gif

#40 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE(f34rther34pr @ Jan 12 2011, 09:18 AM) View Post

its the truth. face it

says the guy who doesn't own a jtag sad.gif

if you're real lucky the game developers might move over to there as well

Edited by Haygar, 12 January 2011 - 01:17 AM.

#41 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE(f34rther34pr @ Jan 12 2011, 07:48 AM) View Post

its the truth. face it

OMG you are kidding right?

I have yet to see the ps3 do a game better than 360, evry1 says it does games like blackops slightly worse and as for hackers having the keys, thats a bad thing for overall for a console as game studios will eventually stop supporting the platform.

Edited by danthaman673, 12 January 2011 - 06:22 AM.

#42 Analogic

Analogic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

I have a problem with the built-in updater. Sorry if this was resolved before.

It finds new updates (dash and skin). I go to settings > update and I tick both boxes (for dash and for my current skin). It then asks me to restart FSD which I do. The screen goes black and it says "Press Y to update". I press Y and it just says "update complete" (it's super fast). When I go to FSD, nothing is changed and the dash still finds 2 new updates. I can repeat the process as many times as I want but nothing gets updated.

Help?

#43 skeen

skeen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

I'm confused and excited about the preliminary SAMBA support.
I don't see SAMBA in the file manager.

#44 EatonZ

EatonZ

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE(f34rther34pr @ Jan 11 2011, 05:18 PM) View Post

its the truth. face it

It's just getting started.. The Xbox platform has always been the best and most fun platform to do stuff on.
And we have at least 4-5 more years before the next iteration comes out. So enjoy these days, they are golden.

Good update, btw.

#45 Sonic-NKT

Sonic-NKT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

Nice to see this constant updates smile.gif
sadly xlink kai is still a bit empty... sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users