#46 dufc1983

dufc1983

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(Analogic @ Jan 12 2011, 05:27 PM) View Post

I have a problem with the built-in updater. Sorry if this was resolved before.

It finds new updates (dash and skin). I go to settings > update and I tick both boxes (for dash and for my current skin). It then asks me to restart FSD which I do. The screen goes black and it says "Press Y to update". I press Y and it just says "update complete" (it's super fast). When I go to FSD, nothing is changed and the dash still finds 2 new updates. I can repeat the process as many times as I want but nothing gets updated.

Help?

im guessing ur using dash launch and have set launch ini to freestyle.xex, if thats the case if u ftp or go to file manager delete ur freestyle.xex and rename default.xex to freestyle.xex then try

#47 Analogic

Analogic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

Thanks for your help, but I think I've got it. Looks like the old FSD build (first one actually) cannot be updated that way. I did it manually and it works.

Still, some XBLA games are shown in the Homebrew folder. I've set the folders manually, doesn't help...

edit
Nevermind smile.gif

Edited by Analogic, 13 January 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#48 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE(Sonic-NKT @ Jan 13 2011, 09:53 PM) View Post

Nice to see this constant updates smile.gif
sadly xlink kai is still a bit empty... sad.gif

Yeah, seems strange. A free alternative to Live and not many use it. Could be a bit much hassle for some to get working but it's well worth it once you do when the numbers are on there.

#49 Midnight Tboy

Midnight Tboy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

Ok so I've been using FSD RC1.4 and previous versions for some time now with no issues whatsoever. I've also been using DashLaunch 2.06 to take me straight to FSD on startup as default

When I updated to RC1.5 I also updated to Dashlaunch 2.08...however I encountered a problem.

Sometimes when I turn my console on, it plays the startup animation. The picture stays on that startup animation screen. FSD must be starting in the background, as the fans speed to 100% which FSD is set to, and I get the "<gamertag> has signed in>" but it stays frozen on that screen. It seems to be pretty much every 2nd attempt that the console will freeze on startup to load to FSD.

Also, when in game, if I choose to Exit To Dashboard....The screen would also go black, and freeze again....as if its struggling to load FSD for whatever reason.

I rolled back Dashlaunch to 2.06 again which have never had an issue with, but it still does it.

Also, recently updating FSD to RC1.6 has still not helped.

I've also tried it with/without external USB drive plugged in to try to eliminate...but certainly seems like FSD is the issue.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

#50 stevec25

stevec25

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Midnight Tboy,

I too experienced those problems with dash launch 2.0 after clearing settings. The only thing I found to work was a complete reinstall of FSD 2.0 (I did RC1.4 then updated to latest, was 1.5 at that time).

#51 Disco_Stu25

Disco_Stu25

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

I have an issue with Freestyle Dash v2.0 RC1.6 where every game that I rip using the dashboard (from DVD to USB0) won't play. They all show up in my xbox360 list but they give me dirty disc error. All GOD games work fine. Any ideas why?

Jasper 256
Freeboot 12611
Dashlaunch 2.08
Freestyle Dash v2.0 RC1.6

#52 f34rther34pr

f34rther34pr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:modding, hacking
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:49 PM

ur kidding rite? if u guys werent blinded by ur 360 fanboyishness and look at the broad picture then ull realize-jtags will eventually die out, there will never b another hack for the 360 other than firmware mods, and just looking at the x-scene homepage is proof. theres probably 1 new thing every few days as opposed to the ps3(which can easily b hacked now) where theres usually 1 new thing a day, and more at time a day too. also if u havnt noticed- the keys are out fotr the ps3 meaning tht anything can b signed for it.

#53 Ketchup_Bomb

Ketchup_Bomb

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Lacrosse, Running
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:24 AM

If you figure that the 360 has also been out for a year longer than the PS3, I would think they're on the same timeline.

In a years time from now, the PS3 will probably be developing at the same speed as the 360 is now. It's all part of the console life cycle.

Indeed the PS3 has some potential, but I love my JTAG and I can't see myself giving it up anytime soon. Giving it up for a PS3 is even more farfetched. I hate Sony's consoles.

Also, you might be more convincing if you would actually spell out your words and use proper grammar.

#54 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:47 AM

Yeah, go to whatever PS3 site you hang out at leave ours alone, what's your purpose!?

#55 Ketchup_Bomb

Ketchup_Bomb

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Lacrosse, Running
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:12 AM

Haygar, you do know that this is a PS3 site too, right?

Even though I agree. wink.gif

#56 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, just thought if this site was his preference.........well anyway.
The hacks we have now have been a long time comin' and it's moving along. They are golden times for the 360 and remind me of how exciting it was back in the xbox1 days.

Edited by Haygar, 17 January 2011 - 12:12 PM.

#57 dcrvx2k

dcrvx2k

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

@f34rther34pr

PS3 will be dead soon. Publishers will not want to work with the PS3 because Sony cannot stop the piracy. Sony will rush out PS4 to get the publishers back on board but it take a long time to regain their trust. All the while M$ will continue with their game plan of beating the life out of XBOX and (twitch) Kinect.

FSD Rocks.

#58 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:56 PM

It would be good if waving brought-up the kinect menu (I would imagine that doing that wouldn't be as hard as one might initially think as the open source driver is out there) It would also be cool if some1 ported that tom-hanks piano app thats out for kinect/PC.

PSmoove sux compared to kinect, which it seems is they way things are heading yet another reason as to why having a JTAG will always trump anything they do on ps3 (whats the point in having the keys if the games aren't as good anyway ?)

If I were a SW dev I wouldn't put as much effort into a lesser console at the end of the day (all fanboying aside facts speak louder) so I would doubt that ps3 wil ever have anything the calibre of FSD ! Those guys don't seem to be able to organise themselves, and the best of them are borrowed from 'The XS' it would seem.

As for 360 hacking being dead, I wouldn't bet on never seeing another HV or similar exploit sometime in the future. When the current numbers of exploitable 360's dwindle, somebody may just pull something out of the bag they had saved for a rainy day. After hearing what some ppl are keeping to themselves in similar areas ;-) I would not be at all shocked to see something along homebrewable lines for newer consoles. The difference between the ps3 scene is is some1 over there figures-out how to extract the keys they run straight out and publicize it, whereas if ppl in the 360 scene would generally consider the consequences of such action and most likely keep it to themselves, not that I'm suggesting anyone has, but you never know... And the thing about complex systems, particularly those involving security is that the more complex one makes them, the more loopholes become evident. I'm sure if the need arose, ppl would be motivated to start looking again etc etc....

Edited by danthaman673, 18 January 2011 - 10:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users