Photo

Auto-pruning Subscriptions - You Can't Be Serious On This...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SilentBob1638

SilentBob1638

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:08 AM

How much sense does it make to post any serious tutorial or information on this forum now? People don't get informed about replies and you won't get any answers from the original poster because he will not know about any replies.
Thanks for dropping all tracks to my own posts/subscriptions. Wouldn't it have been enough to just disable notifications? No, delete all, who cares. The backend is buggy as hell for years. Subscriptions either get you bombed by mails or you don't get any at all. If the forum would be a car it would suck 30 litres on 100km with a big black trailing smoke cloud. And that's your answer to this? Disable search function and now subscriptions? What's next? Prune old members and old posts? What about updating or upgrading the backend the proper way? It's a thx-only-posts forum now. If that's what you want, hats off.

IPB Image

#2 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:42 AM

You are coming off like this is a new occurrence. That is the way this forum has been for a long, long time. See my quote from the FAQ from 2007 stating this:

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Apr 30 2007, 06:31 PM) View Post

Q: How do I see the topics that I posted in?

A:
All subforum indexes have a "Show All" -> "Topics: I Replied" link in the drop down box at the bottom, there is currently not a global search for this feature.
Also if you go to "My Controls", then on the left select "View Topics". It will show all of the topics that you have posted in (after 10 days of inactivity, they are removed from this list).

Prior to that it was like that for at least 3 years, perhaps more. Not too sure why suddenly all the angst, but if a thread you replied to is that important to you, just create a bookmark for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users