crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:17 AM

Seriously, why hasn't anyone done it yet?

I think I'm gonna do it... just not right now wink.gif

#2 masterofpuppets

masterofpuppets

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:47 AM

sounds like a good idea and cheaper than a 360 laptop and seems you wouldn't need the dvd drive you can make it even thinner!

#3 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:20 AM

I have been working this out in my head ever since I seen the Ben Heck 360 lappy. Until now, I haven't had the money to do something like this. Slowly but surely I'm gathering the parts and drawing diagrams and what not.

I am going to do it... but like I said, not right now.

#4 masterofpuppets

masterofpuppets

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:51 AM

Yeah I wouldn't bother with batterys though it would probably only double the price and make it bigger but thats up to you its your mod.

#5 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE(masterofpuppets @ Jan 17 2011, 02:51 AM) View Post

Yeah I wouldn't bother with batterys though it would probably only double the price and make it bigger but thats up to you its your mod.

oh I agree with you 100%... f-battery's.

on a side note, I was able to repair and map the pin-outs to an old psONE screen (the solder points on the backlight inverter had almost come from the board). My initial plan was to use a bigger screen (and I still might) but I want to use what I have on hand for the time being.

Now I need to get a couple of iceberq's, a 3rd case, and a few misc. parts before I can begin.
Why a 3rd case? because I'm trying to build this as if it were an ultra slim and BAM, it opens to reveal a screen, keyboard, media keys etc....

It's going to be f**king epic.... just not right now.

#6 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:15 AM

Bumpity, Bumpity, bumpity.....

I started the worlds first ORIGINAL xbox laptop about a week ago.
I have a blog where I will be documenting every aspect of the build IN FULL DETAIL.

http://xfusion2010.blogspot.com

I am in the process of working on it as we speak. I had to take a break and drop 120 new photos of the build to my PC. (stupid 128 meg mem-card) Since I have been a member here for a LOOONG time and never contributed anything better than the failed and abandon "deceptibox", I will be mirroring the posts from my blog here, in this thread.

::explanation::
some of you may say "some other dude built the deceptibox".. that dude was me. I had someone get into my computer and steal every single last password I had. I don't know who it was or how they did it but my old account here was nuked before I knew what was going on... thats why crusty_punk = guyintheback. I am he and he is me..

Just a little teaser:
IPB Image

And
IPB Image

I need to go to the store and pick up a 6-pack so I can finish up tonight. Depending on how late it is when I am done, I may post more pix tonight. If not, maybe tomorrow.

Thanks,
Josh

#7 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Loves to mod gaming consoles.

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:56 AM

That looks awesome also just a quick note someone did try to make a xbox 1 laptop
http://www.acidmods....ic,32638.0.html
Some guy over at Acidmods(Great Site) started doing it.

#8 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

huh... I wonder if that site is under a "norobots.txt". I searched google, and yahoo for xbox laptop and didn't come up with anything on an original. All I kept getting was Ben Heck's 360 laptop and people talking about wanting to make one. I wish that guy would post pictures other than diagrams.

Anyways, I tried making an update last night but ran into trouble with my picture host.
Maybe when I get home from work today.

#9 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE(crusty_punk @ Apr 13 2011, 02:12 PM) View Post

huh... I wonder if that site is under a "norobots.txt". I searched google, and yahoo for xbox laptop and didn't come up with anything on an original. All I kept getting was Ben Heck's 360 laptop and people talking about wanting to make one. I wish that guy would post pictures other than diagrams.

Anyways, I tried making an update last night but ran into trouble with my picture host.
Maybe when I get home from work today.

Well i just wanted to tell you so you know plus yeah can't wait for some more pics as its a great project when you finish making it you will be the only one that has completed it.happy.gif

#10 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:07 AM

I just got an 8" LCD screen. I wired it up and it freaking works beautifully. It even turns on when the xbox turns on. I didnt have to wire anything special to achieve that. However it has an external inverter board that needs to be hacked apart, "slimmed", and placed.

I don't have time to dig into it right now but I thought I would drop in and give a small update.

The only thing left for me to get is a Pico PSU. Anyone know of a good, reliable place I can pick one up other than eBay?

Off at 2 tomorrow, so when I get home I'll be giving a full update as to where my progress has taken me thus far...

Thanks!!

#11 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:47 AM

I had time to make a few posts to my blog tonight .
I hate to link off-site and I know that I said I didn't want to do that, but...

The Motherboard Pt.1 (fans)
The Motherboard Pt.2 (brown caps)
The Motherboard Pt.3 (headers)
The Motherboard Pt.4 (silver caps)
The Motherboard... Done!

All of this work was done earlier this week.
My next post will lead me to where I am at right now...

I'll do this proper tomorrow.
Thanks for looking,
Josh

Edited by crusty_punk, 16 April 2011 - 04:48 AM.

#12 caaraa

caaraa

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:11 AM

thanks guys
IPB ImageIPB Image

#13 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE(crusty_punk @ Apr 16 2011, 03:07 AM) View Post

I just got an 8" LCD screen. I wired it up and it freaking works beautifully. It even turns on when the xbox turns on. I didnt have to wire anything special to achieve that. However it has an external inverter board that needs to be hacked apart, "slimmed", and placed.

I don't have time to dig into it right now but I thought I would drop in and give a small update.

The only thing left for me to get is a Pico PSU. Anyone know of a good, reliable place I can pick one up other than eBay?

Off at 2 tomorrow, so when I get home I'll be giving a full update as to where my progress has taken me thus far...

Thanks!!

I had a look at the pics its so awesome can't wait for the final product happy.gif also here is a Pico PSU
http://www.mini-box....amp;category=13
a guy used it on his project called Xbox Mini http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=615937

Edited by BuraddoX, 16 April 2011 - 08:18 AM.

#14 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

Thank you so much for the link B...

I was following the progress of that xbox when the dude was posting regularly.
I'm using a 1.1, so if I get that psu, I'd have to either get a converter or remove the 20 pin molex and rewire it to fit my needs.

It looks like ghostavel used a second board on the top of the PSU, or half of one. Is that a piece from sickmods?

Either way, I appreciate the link. That looks like it would fit into my project very nicely.

#15 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:36 AM

Wouldn't it be my luck that I go and buy an 8" LCD screen yesterday for $105 out the door... and today I find, on newegg, a better, slimmer 9" screen for $79.99, $1.99 shipping.

Oh well, at least I know that I have something to fall back on if this screen goes south.

Working on the xbox laptop for the better part of the day tomorrow. (maybe a little this evening)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users