8 replies to this topic

#1 maddog75

maddog75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

I have one kid that lives in spring field mo, another kid that lives in town with is mom. Me and my kids at the house have our own xboxes. If I bought the family membership can I set up accounts for them at the house then they recover at their mom's house. As well can me and the kids use a different xbox in the same house I want to take advantage of the 4 xbox live profiles for 99.99 but not sure if I can.

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

Your answer is here.

#3 maddog75

maddog75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:12 AM

I called microsoft and read that post but I still don't understand if my kids who dont live with me can use the memberships using thier old gamer tags

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:36 AM

From my understanding according to what I linked earlier, what you're wanting to do is indeed possible. You'll need to have all of the accounts on one console while you activate the Family Membership, but after that they can be transferred to other consoles.

#5 maddog75

maddog75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:14 AM

can they use thier old profiles that is what I don't understand

#6 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:24 AM

Yes. Like I said, the link I gave earlier seems to indicate that you merely need to have all of the profiles on the central console and activate the membership, but after that they can be transferred to other consoles.

Also check out the Family Pack FAQ.

#7 maddog75

maddog75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:40 AM

I appreciate the link but still dont think it is answered can you use old profiles you already have on another xbox that already have live membership or have had prior. start them on your console membership wise to increase the membership then transfer then to the consoles where they are at.

#8 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:52 AM

Yes. Everything you want to do is possible.

Q: I am currently an Xbox LIVE Gold member. If I have time remaining on my current subscription, do I receive a discount on an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack?

A: We will give existing Xbox LIVE Gold members a prorated discount on the purchase of a Family Pack. For each month remaining on your current Xbox LIVE Gold subscription, we will reduce the purchase price of a Family Pack by $5. For example, if you have six months of your Gold subscription remaining, you qualify for a $30 discount and will only be charged $69.99 at the time of purchase. If you have 20 months or more of your current Xbox LIVE Gold subscription remaining, you can upgrade to an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack for free. You will not receive a refund for any remaining subscription time in excess of 20 months.

Q: Can I add existing Xbox LIVE Gold members to my Family Pack? For example, my kids are already Xbox LIVE Gold members.

A: Yes. When an existing Xbox LIVE Gold member is added to a Family Pack, the remaining time on their Gold membership benefits the whole family! For every two months remaining on their current Gold membership, the entire family receives an extra month of Xbox LIVE Gold. For example, if your child has six months remaining on their existing Xbox LIVE Gold membership, when you add him/her to your Family Pack, all four of the individual Xbox LIVE Gold accounts available in your Family Pack will be extended by an additional three months. If you have two children who have four and six months of Gold remaining, respectively, on their existing Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions, all four of the individual Xbox LIVE Gold accounts available in your Family Pack will be extended by an additional five months.

#9 maddog75

maddog75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:14 AM

ok thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users