• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 maverickfe

maverickfe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:01 AM

I just got a used XBoX 360 Elite It powers on no rings of death but the TV screen is still blue. I know it is on the right because my wii and ps3 works. Anyone know what could be worng with it?

Thanks

#2 Ketchup_Bomb

Ketchup_Bomb

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Lacrosse, Running
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:32 AM

Which output are you using? Does HDMI work?

Also, when you turn it on and give it time to load into the dashboard, can you press 'A' to eject the tray?
This will check if it's an issue with not outputting any video, or if it's a problem with the NAND.

Did the seller say there was anything wrong with the console?

Lastly, does the RoL do anything as it starts? Does it do the default spin animation? Can you sync controllers to it once it's on?

#3 maverickfe

maverickfe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(Ketchup_Bomb @ Jan 16 2011, 06:32 PM) View Post

Which output are you using? Does HDMI work?

Also, when you turn it on and give it time to load into the dashboard, can you press 'A' to eject the tray?
This will check if it's an issue with not outputting any video, or if it's a problem with the NAND.

Did the seller say there was anything wrong with the console?

Lastly, does the RoL do anything as it starts? Does it do the default spin animation? Can you sync controllers to it once it's on?

Thanks for the post I will have too see im new too the xbox but do have ps3 and wii I am wanting for the new cable that I orderd should be here today. I will let you know when it gets here too look at what your saying.
thanks again

#4 maverickfe

maverickfe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

Im new too the xbox so everything is new to me yes the light spins around when I turn it on,and yes the controller is sync one light stays on after it is turned on and with the controller.I did the the sync 2 times too make sure.

Is the a way too get codes with a blue screen?

#5 Ketchup_Bomb

Ketchup_Bomb

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Lacrosse, Running
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:01 AM

Seems like the GPU or something related to video output is to blame.

Are you using the default composite cable or are you using HDMI? Do you have access to HDMI?

You could also try putting in a game and try to load it. If you hear audio coming through your TV it might be a bad cable.

I would try HDMI before anything else though.

#6 maverickfe

maverickfe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:38 AM

Yes im using an xbox cable but only using the 3 out of the 4 just the yellow red and white I will have too try the dvd too see if it has sound.

thanks

#7 Ironman268

Ironman268

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(maverickfe @ Jan 20 2011, 09:38 PM) View Post

Yes im using an xbox cable but only using the 3 out of the 4 just the yellow red and white I will have too try the dvd too see if it has sound.

thanks

I had this same issue. Take it apart and make sure that you have thermal paste on the GPU. That causes there to be no picture or a distorted picture.

#8 tk_saturn

tk_saturn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

If he didn't have any thermal compound on the GPU, he'd have a lot more problems than that.

He needs to try alternative leads as suggested before doing anything else.

#9 Ironman268

Ironman268

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:44 AM

I agree with making sure that its not a problem with the port before doing anything else, but if the hdmi doesn't work either then its something bigger. If he had no thermal paste then he would have bigger problems, but over time the thermal paste gets worn down, causing the gpu to have some thermal paste but not enough, so it won't display any picture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users