22 replies to this topic

#16 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

Here's another schematic. This one still uses the motherboard pulse signal combined with the 555 chip. This way you get to increase the fan speed to a decent rate but the motherboard can also increase the speed if it needs to. All this would be completely unnecessary if Sony just set the damn fans to a decent speed to begin with, but Oh no, they can't make any noise at all so they'd rather let them slowly cook to death!

IPB Image

#17 Jonthe838

Jonthe838

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

Hi I was wondering.. Would it possible to just cut the grey wire? Wire nr 3 and then add a resistor to the 12v wire so that It always runs on for example 9v ? Would be hell of a lot easier because of the fact that your method is a bit over my league and that I can't find the right materials in my country smile.gif

#18 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

You'd need at least a 10 watt resistor if it even worked at all.

#19 drgame

drgame

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(relaxxx @ Jul 1 2011, 07:37 PM) View Post

Here's another diagram 50% speed without using the LED. This is how I've been doing them recently:

IPB Image

i'm a noob here ho can't read a schematic , can you help me with a real pic of this 50%fan mod with no led..
thnks alot dude..

what kind of capasitor can i use ? polar or non polar ? whih one is + which one is -? HELP

Edited by drgame, 24 January 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#20 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

Doesn't matter what kind of cap, both work, pretty much anything under 10uf seems to work. - Neg is going to Pin 1 (ground).

#21 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:45 AM

I pulled the adjustable duty schematics. Do not use them, they will most likely have your PS3 running too hot!

USING A RATE LOWER THAN 45% WITH NO MOTHERBOARD CONTROL IS NOT RECOMMENDED !!!!

I discovered fats, especially backward comparable run hotter than I expected!!!

I recommend use the 50% mod and live with the sound.

#22 ProCision

ProCision

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Have you noticed any change in your method when the system is running 4.0 FW? I used to mod the fan by taking the 3.3v power supply source and cutting the gray wire and running 40k-150k ohms in line. That used to work great up until that last 3 ps3's I have fixed. It will start running the fan @ 50%(ish) and after 5-10 min. the fan will be barely running at all. So my method is out the window. Time to use your method.

#23 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

I've observed this. It's like Sony WANTS their machines to have a short lifespan.

Anyway, I've made a few interesting discoveries but I'm so bloody disgusted with the PS3 dev scene toward DRM dongles that I'm through with sharing. I really wish I had never posted any of this information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users