• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Timko

Timko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

Well xbox-scene today I played through Alan Wake, and I was impressed. The story was totally new and the scenery simply beautiful. I loved every character since everyone of them got their own little background and doesn't seem like an heartless NPC just standing there. It took me round 5 or 6 hours and I gotta say one of the best 5 hours spent in my life.

But I got a question, will there be a sequel in the next time since... you know if you fully played it..?

And if you are unsure if you should buy/play the game or not here is a nice little review that brought me to Alan Wake: http://vegasworldx.b...ake-review.html but I would give it 11 from 10 points.

#2 evil-dereck

evil-dereck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:47 AM

I wouldn't exactly call the story new. It very much borrows from stories like "The Dark One" and "In the Mouth of Madness". Honestly, though, if you're going to ape a concept those are good places to start. What dug in for me was the music. The moment I heard "Up Jumped the Devil" at the end of the first chapter, I realized the people who made the game dug real deep to find music that fleshed out the tone of the story they were telling. The gameplay is fun, and from a story telling standpoint (music, voice acting, dialogue) are great. The opening quote of "Explanations are antithetical to the poetry of fear" is the whole reason I love the rare piece of good horror. Shame this gem of a game didn't do better because of GTAIV with cowboys and zombies.

#3 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE(Timko @ Jan 17 2011, 11:42 AM) View Post

But I got a question, will there be a sequel ......

Are you aware of how long it took for this game to come out? The game was first demo'd in 2005....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users