Photo

Partition Xbox For Dual Boot? Bootloader?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 match417

match417

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:51 AM

Hi,
I'm running the avalaunch dashboard right now and I'm so familiar with it I want to keep it, but I also want to try out the different linux builds and also see how xubuntu works with it since I have grown partial to ubuntu on my laptop. I only really want to run avalaunch and ubuntu, but I'll run whatever linux distro works best with my xbox. I think it is a 1.0, at least it was, my board burned out and I put the chip on another xbox, it's either a 1.0 or 1.2, I would have to open it up to know, and I will if I have to. What can I use for a bootloader? Will grub work on the xbox?

On a different linux note, can I stream media on xbmc from the linux laptop to watch videos on the xbox?

#2 worldwhore3

worldwhore3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:softmods, xbox linux,
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

quick, simple, short answers:

xdsl is the best linux port for the xbox. if you use ubuntu you will *never* attain the amount of services linux offers to pc users on the xbox.

try xubuntu from a livecd (or any other xbox linux distro you want to try), but you have to have a keyboard ready to go for your xbox to login to xubuntu. why was it made that way? i have no idea. short answer on xubuntu for the xbox: it's bullshit.

there is no 2.6 kernel support for the xbox and there never will be out of fundamental incapabilities.

can you stream media between your pc/laptop thru your xbmc xbox?

yes. connect via router and setup your networking as necessary.

Edited by worldwhore3, 27 January 2011 - 12:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users