• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sammyunit12

sammyunit12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:37 PM

I know a site where I can download recent title updates for games, I'm just wondering on how to install it on a XDK via Neighbourhood, does the .file go into the Cache folder and done? or isit impossible to get title updates for the XDK.. Or else do I need to patch the files some how? Please help!

There must be a way to patch games I just know it xD

Edited by sammyunit12, 29 January 2011 - 08:38 PM.

#2 juggahax0r

juggahax0r

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE(sammyunit12 @ Jan 29 2011, 02:37 PM) View Post

I know a site where I can download recent title updates for games, I'm just wondering on how to install it on a XDK via Neighbourhood, does the .file go into the Cache folder and done? or isit impossible to get title updates for the XDK.. Or else do I need to patch the files some how? Please help!

There must be a way to patch games I just know it xD

Extract the TU with an STFS tool of your choice. Manually patch the default.xex to the default.xexp file using xextool (untouched virgin retail xex) Then resign the xex dev with xextool. Any other files that are a part of the TU need to go in the data folder of the game. They don't work the same as on a retail machine so you can't just put it in the cache folder.

#3 sammyunit12

sammyunit12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Jan 30 2011, 12:20 AM) View Post

Extract the TU with an STFS tool of your choice. Manually patch the default.xex to the default.xexp file using xextool (untouched virgin retail xex) Then resign the xex dev with xextool. Any other files that are a part of the TU need to go in the data folder of the game. They don't work the same as on a retail machine so you can't just put it in the cache folder.

Thanks but I resolved this after a couple of hours by extracting the TU file and using xextool, glad I can connect to the Treyarch Black Ops servers now as I have downloaded their "First Strike" map pack lol.

#4 upa123

upa123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:14 AM

I have a question regarding the data portion of the game after I have patched the xex file.

For instance, in the TU for Fable3, it has the xexp for the XEX file which I already patched, but it also has a few data files like this:

\Data
----\package_collection_info.xmb
----\tu1.bnk
----\tu1.bnk.dat
----\tu1.manifest.pkg

Do I literally drop those 4 files into the \Data folder since it does exist? I assumed I need some way to extract the actual files first from those packages, and not just drop those files themselves?

Thanks.

Edited by upa123, 13 February 2011 - 09:14 AM.

#5 sammyunit12

sammyunit12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(upa123 @ Feb 13 2011, 10:14 AM) View Post

I have a question regarding the data portion of the game after I have patched the xex file.

For instance, in the TU for Fable3, it has the xexp for the XEX file which I already patched, but it also has a few data files like this:

\Data
----\package_collection_info.xmb
----\tu1.bnk
----\tu1.bnk.dat
----\tu1.manifest.pkg

Do I literally drop those 4 files into the \Data folder since it does exist? I assumed I need some way to extract the actual files first from those packages, and not just drop those files themselves?

Thanks.

Yeah if your Fable 3 in your DEVKIT volume already has a folder called "Data" and the patch files has a folder called "Data" just drop those patch files from the patched data folder into the one you already have else the .xexp won't run the game.

I know this because I wanted to patch Black Ops and I only dragged in the .xexp files and it didin't even bother booting up, so I dumped the patch files that came with it into my Black Ops folder and it worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users