3 replies to this topic

#1 xdoc482

xdoc482

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:45 AM

Hey all,

I recently bought a WD2500BEVT drive and was attempting to flash it with hddhackr. I connected an eSATA to SATA cable with the eSATA side connected to the eSATAp port on the Latitude E6500. I gave the hard drive power via my PCs power supply. I placed my bootable USB in the Latitude. I turned on the PC so the drive starts spinning and then I turned on my Latitude and had it go to the BIOS. In the bios I changed the boot sequence so the USB is first. Then I went to System Configuration -> SATA Operation and selected ATA. Applied, then went to Exit.

It booted to my USB as expected, then I proceeded to executed hddhackr v. 1.22 with the following command:

hddhackr F 6E70 A0 hddss.bin undo.bin

I first received the following message:
CODE

Data from selected Hard Drive
------------------------------------------

Manufacturer: <ST9250410ASG>
Serial Number: <                     5VG3RYET>
Firmware Revision: <0004SDM1>

Current LBA Size: 488397168

Data from XBOX360 HDDSS.BIN file
------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer: <Hitachi HTS545025B9SA00                                >
Serial Number: <090812PB4238QSJGV90A>
Firmware Version: <PB2OC64G>

New LBA Size: 488397168

Information in file HDDSS.BIN does NOT match the drive's firmware info.  Do you want to flash XBOX360 compatible firmware (Y/N)?

I then entered Y and this is what it came back with:

CODE

Western Digital Vendor Intro failed on port 0x6E70.
Make sure you have connected Western Digital Scorpio series Hard Drive.
If you choose to resend the command you should turn the drive off and on after you pressed "yes".
Do you want to resend the command until the drive responds (Y/N)?

I then entered Y and turned off my PC and left the eSATA -> SATA cable connected. I then turned the PC back on and hddhackr just hung there without any response, just said "Status: 0x51".

Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong? Is it detecting the main laptop's Hard drive instead of the WD? Does an eSATA cable work with an eSATAp (powered eSATA) port?

All help is appreciated.

#2 scousemartin

scousemartin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE(xdoc482 @ Jan 30 2011, 12:45 AM) View Post

Hey all,

I recently bought a WD2500BEVT drive and was attempting to flash it with hddhackr. I connected an eSATA to SATA cable with the eSATA side connected to the eSATAp port on the Latitude E6500. I gave the hard drive power via my PCs power supply. I placed my bootable USB in the Latitude. I turned on the PC so the drive starts spinning and then I turned on my Latitude and had it go to the BIOS. In the bios I changed the boot sequence so the USB is first. Then I went to System Configuration -> SATA Operation and selected ATA. Applied, then went to Exit.

It booted to my USB as expected, then I proceeded to executed hddhackr v. 1.22 with the following command:

hddhackr F 6E70 A0 hddss.bin undo.bin

I first received the following message:
CODE

Data from selected Hard Drive
------------------------------------------

Serial Number: <                     5VG3RYET>
Firmware Revision: <0004SDM1>

Current LBA Size: 488397168
Data from XBOX360 HDDSS.BIN file
------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer: <Hitachi HTS545025B9SA00                                >
Serial Number: <090812PB4238QSJGV90A>
Firmware Version: <PB2OC64G>

New LBA Size: 488397168

Information in file HDDSS.BIN does NOT match the drive's firmware info.  Do you want to flash XBOX360 compatible firmware (Y/N)?

I then entered Y and this is what it came back with:

CODE

If you choose to resend the command you should turn the drive off and on after you pressed "yes".

I then entered Y and turned off my PC and left the eSATA -> SATA cable connected. I then turned the PC back on and hddhackr just hung there without any response, just said "Status: 0x51".

Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong? Is it detecting the main laptop's Hard drive instead of the WD? Does an eSATA cable work with an eSATAp (powered eSATA) port?

All help is appreciated.

CODE

this line should be self explanatory ,in why you had the error, you were trying to flash the firmware to a seagate momentus 250gb hard drive, not the WD BEVT drive.

also, not that it matters much , when it says this

CODE

you should remove power from the drive ,NOT the PC

the simple way to flash the drive is to disconnect ALL drives on the PC except the WD BEVT drive then boot from the usb drive and run hddhackr again

Edited by scousemartin, 30 January 2011 - 02:05 AM.

#3 xdoc482

xdoc482

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:04 AM

I'll just remove the seagate hard drive and put the WD2500 there. I'll try that, thanks.

Edited by xdoc482, 30 January 2011 - 05:08 AM.

#4 xdoc482

xdoc482

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for the help, swapping the seagate HDD with the WD HDD worked fine, it flashed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users