Photo

Xbox Improvement Program Data, Is This Bad?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JOESMOKA

JOESMOKA

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:19 AM

I just looked at my memory card (that I use to transfer from live 360 to modded 360) and there is a thing called Xbox Improvement Program, is this some sort of flag? I noticed it after I used USB flash drive to update to Kinect dashboard.

Am i flagged or something?

Edited by JOESMOKA, 30 January 2011 - 05:19 AM.

#2 BlackWar

BlackWar

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:32 AM

lol, nope. What it is is a program that is actually installed on the 360. What it is for is collecting data on the 360, mainly for the kinect to help improve its ability to work with facial/voice recognition. This can be turned off somewhere in the 360's settings if you do not wish to participate....considering its not going to be connected to the inet, you might as well turn it off.

#3 JOESMOKA

JOESMOKA

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE(BlackWar @ Jan 30 2011, 05:32 AM)  

lol, nope. What it is is a program that is actually installed on the 360. What it is for is collecting data on the 360, mainly for the kinect to help improve its ability to work with facial/voice recognition. This can be turned off somewhere in the 360's settings if you do not wish to participate....considering its not going to be connected to the inet, you might as well turn it off.

ya see I "connect" just not with this 360 lol ok i was scared I thought maybe it was improvement data (like errors, system logs etc)....this whole thing is quite well nerve wracking!

Edited by JOESMOKA, 30 January 2011 - 05:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users