Photo

Transfer Game Save From Live 360 To Jtag?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Madhatta

Madhatta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:09 PM

So I am trying to move the save from my live enabled 360 to the JTAG 360 but I am not using the same profile on both boxes (paranoid). Do I need to resign the files, hex edit, what?

#2 GISJason

GISJason

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Hacking anything w/ a TSOP....<br /><br />Modems, Xboxs, 360s, Etc.....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

Just move it along with the profile, I've got my LIVE profile on my LIVE & JTAG unit and nothing has occurred to where it's gonna kill your profile they can tell the difference between the legit / not legit / jtagged profiles... But what is weird is they actually collect data from the JTAG ( Game information) as well to show up in your LIVE profile where they display the games you've played or recently acquired and installed onto your jtag in the add-on & games section on your LIVE profile Xbox marketplace... It's funny but yeah maybe somethin' to be paranoid about but I don't see why make it hard on yourself, just copy the saves and profiles associated with the game over to the JTAG.

#3 Madhatta

Madhatta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:36 PM

Well the thing I am worried about is that I don't want the live profile on the JTAG account making any contact with live while running on the JTAG. I realize there are ports and IP addresses and things that can be blocked at the router but that keeps my legit box from contacting live as well. I was also reading that even with the parental controls in place for connecting to live that there is still data sent to MS servers. I would rather just edit the save. I only need to do it for one game too so ...

Thanks for the input though. Much appreciated.

#4 Ketchup_Bomb

Ketchup_Bomb

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Lacrosse, Running
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

It's important to note that with Family Settings enabled, the tiny bit of handshaking that may occur does not affect your machine or profile.
Also, you could just yank your ethernet cable out whenever you sign in. Problem solved.

However, to answer your original question, you need a program like Modio or Le Fluffie to edit the Profile ID that each gamesave is tied to.

I haven't personally done this, but it doesn't seem difficult at all to do. I'm sure there are tutorials on doing this as well.
I'd suggest you lurk Se7en Sins a bit. They usually have crap like this lying around. wink.gif

#5 Madhatta

Madhatta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

That makes sense that it would be done with one of those two programs. I will take a look over s7. Thanks.

Good to know about the communication with xbox live as well.

#6 tk_saturn

tk_saturn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

You don't have to 'move' your profile from your live console to your JTAG, just duplicate the profile along with the saves.

It's a piece of cake, you don't need to mess around with either of those programs.

It's then very easy to block all the JTAG consoles you have from connecting to live within your Router's firewall. At the same time your Live consoles can still connect to Xbox Live via the same router.

Edited by tk_saturn, 01 February 2011 - 10:40 PM.

#7 Madhatta

Madhatta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Feb 1 2011, 10:36 PM) View Post

You don't have to 'move' your profile from your live console to your JTAG, just duplicate the profile along with the saves.

It's a piece of cake, you don't need to mess around with either of those programs.

It's then very easy to block all the JTAG consoles you have from connecting to live within your Router's firewall. At the same time your Live consoles can still connect to Xbox Live via the same router.

Well I knew it wasn't "moving" but yeah. Anyway I am not sure of how I would block the JTAG from connecting to live/o killing the regular console unless I set a static IP on it or something? I will have to look at my router config. I haven't been in there in awhile.

#8 tk_saturn

tk_saturn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:56 AM

You need to use your original console to transfer the data. But when it transfers them, it deletes the original files from the original Memory Unit. So, all you have to do is backup the data from the original memory unit, allow the console transfer the data from the original memory unit to the new memory unit, then restore the backup to the original Memory Unit.

Because the console itself transferred them, you don't have to mess around resigning all the saves etc using those 2 previously mentioned tools. People always seem to suggest messing around with those tools and resigning the saves though, there's no need to.

Personally, I just backed up the contents of the original MU by FTP'ing them to a PC. However, on a USB drive the Memory Unit is in a hidden directory called "Xbox" in the root of the device. Despite what people think, when you use a USB drive as a memory unit it doesn't create another partition; just a directory and a few files. I imagine you could just back those files up, although it's not something i've tried as I had previously already 'duplicated' my saves. You can also use the XTAF tools to backup the contents too.

You should never assign a static IP via the console, as that bypasses DHCP which in some cases can cause issues, especially with multiple consoles. Instead when a console connects to your router, reserve that IP address for it in your router. It makes life so much easier, and allows you to identify each console.

Edited by tk_saturn, 02 February 2011 - 02:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users