• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Loves to mod gaming consoles.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

Hey everyone i bought a xbox off ebay today and im going to softmod it when it comes but it already has xbox media center installed how will i uninstall this so i can install unleshx as i have already downloaded Krayzie Ndure Installer v1.1's pack as it sounds like it has no problems and how will i install a larger HDD do i move all files from some HDD to another thanks for any help guys.

Option two
Create the new larger HD to factory then install the Ndure softmod but you'll need the contents from a pre/un-modded Drive C: (If you don't have this check around you should be able to find one somewhere) You follow the same instructions as outlined below and perform the Ndure softmod after the new larger HD is installed!

i have read how to install a bigger HDD but how do i get the contents of a pre/un-modded xbox HDD ?
this is the guide im going to use happy.gif
http://www.biline.ca/xbox_uxe_hd.htm

Edited by BuraddoX, 02 February 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#2 spliff721

spliff721

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

if the box is already softmoded get a copy of HeXEn, it has the ability to update the softmod, install unleashX and install a new HDD. google "HeXEn (heimdall's xbox engineering disc)" i suggest the 2nd link.

#3 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE(spliff721 @ Feb 2 2011, 06:41 PM) View Post

if the box is already softmoded get a copy of HeXEn, it has the ability to update the softmod, install unleashX and install a new HDD. google "HeXEn (heimdall's xbox engineering disc)" i suggest the 2nd link.

Thank you but will i still need to move the game saves or downloading this and burning it to a disc it should run it cuz the xbox is soft modded right plus i have searched on the net all i can find is torrents and no one is seeding them so do you have this or do you know a direct download of it thanks heaps man you have really helped.

#4 spliff721

spliff721

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:05 AM

even if i did know a direct link, which i dont, i would not be able to post it. its against the rules. im not sure what the rules are about directing you to a spacific site espeacialy torrent sites, but if you go to the 2nd link you find when googling it. it will work.

#5 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE(spliff721 @ Feb 3 2011, 01:05 AM) View Post

even if i did know a direct link, which i dont, i would not be able to post it. its against the rules. im not sure what the rules are about directing you to a spacific site espeacialy torrent sites, but if you go to the 2nd link you find when googling it. it will work.

thanks heaps for everything i cant wait to mod my xbox happy.gif just another thing will i need splinter cell or can i just use HeXEn because the xbox i bought is already soft modded happy.gif

Edited by BuraddoX, 03 February 2011 - 01:32 AM.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:41 AM

You just need HeXEn.

#7 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Feb 3 2011, 01:41 AM) View Post

You just need HeXEn.

Thanks heaps Heimdall for making the softmod happy.gif nd can i just use HeXEn to install a larger HDD thanks heaps.

Edited by BuraddoX, 03 February 2011 - 02:01 AM.

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:19 AM

You're welcome. smile.gif HeXEn isn't a softmod, but among other things it installs a Krayzie 1.1.1 or Kingroach NDURE 3.1 softmod. It also implements lxhdm to do softmod hard drive upgrades.

#9 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Feb 3 2011, 02:19 AM) View Post

You're welcome. smile.gif HeXEn isn't a softmod, but among other things it installs a Krayzie 1.1.1 or Kingroach NDURE 3.1 softmod. It also implements lxhdm to do softmod hard drive upgrades.

Ok guys the main thing i want to do is back my xbox collection of games i have to the xbox's HDD i just read that XBMC can do this is this true and if so how do i install a larger HDD for XMBC ? thanks heaps again

Edit : ok i just read that it can backup games to the HDD so how do i install a larger HDD for XBMC thanks heaps guys.

Edited by BuraddoX, 03 February 2011 - 06:43 AM.

#10 spliff721

spliff721

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:48 AM

put HeXEn in it and let it boot.(could take close to a minute for it to boot, and it will turn the LED on the front RED, dont panic.)
choose softmod tools and find LXHDM softmod disk upgrade. read the instructions carefully and follow them. you will need an extra power source so you can run both HDDs at the same time.
once you have finished reboot HeXEn and select install applications. this will among other things install DVD2XBOX. whith this application you can put a game in you DVD drive and it will rip it to your hard drive. if need be, edit the .INI file to point to a directory in which you want your games to be riped to.
its that easy

#11 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(spliff721 @ Feb 3 2011, 06:48 AM) View Post

put HeXEn in it and let it boot.(could take close to a minute for it to boot, and it will turn the LED on the front RED, dont panic.)
choose softmod tools and find LXHDM softmod disk upgrade. read the instructions carefully and follow them. you will need an extra power source so you can run both HDDs at the same time.
once you have finished reboot HeXEn and select install applications. this will among other things install DVD2XBOX. whith this application you can put a game in you DVD drive and it will rip it to your hard drive. if need be, edit the .INI file to point to a directory in which you want your games to be riped to.
its that easy

thank you heaps also i read that i can rip games using the XBMC's file explorer and so to power to HDD's at the same time how do i do that do i need to use my pc ?
http://www.mod-store...bmc_game_backup
also can i record my tv using my xbox with XBMC thanks heaps again

Edited by BuraddoX, 03 February 2011 - 06:57 AM.

#12 spliff721

spliff721

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:10 AM

i do not recomend using the file explorer to rip games as many games have copy protection on them and DVD2XBOX takes measures to nullify that. using the file explorer would not do this and you would probably end up with more than a few games that are not playable.

i do not know about you TV question. i do not think that it works like that. but im sure someone else could answer for sure.

#13 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE(spliff721 @ Feb 3 2011, 07:10 AM) View Post

i do not recomend using the file explorer to rip games as many games have copy protection on them and DVD2XBOX takes measures to nullify that. using the file explorer would not do this and you would probably end up with more than a few games that are not playable.

i do not know about you TV question. i do not think that it works like that. but im sure someone else could answer for sure.

Ok thanks i will use DVD2XBOX happy.gif and thanks i hope someone helps with that
as for the other thing how do i power two HDD's at the same time ? thanks heaps

Edited by BuraddoX, 03 February 2011 - 07:30 AM.

#14 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE(BuraddoX @ Feb 3 2011, 07:12 AM) View Post

Ok thanks i will use DVD2XBOX happy.gif and thanks i hope someone helps with that
as for the other thing how do i power two HDD's at the same time ? thanks heaps

Ok odd i cant edit but is there a way i can just move files to the HDD with out doing the thing you said then XBMC should just run like if i move XBMC to my 1TB hdd cant the xbox just run or it cant plz help thanks

#15 spliff721

spliff721

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:46 PM

The new HDD has to be prepared in a spacific way before it wil work in the xbox. HeXEn is the tool you need to do that. It will prepare the new HDD and softmod it again, then it can also install a new dashboard and all the apps you will need.
Once you have that done find a program called "flashFXP" and install it to your computer. This program will allow you to transfer files to your xbox via the ethernet wire port on the back of the xbox.
if your going to be puting a TB in it you need to do some reading. HeXEn will prep it right but in order to get all the space you will need to use XBpartitioner. There is a search fuction at the top right hand side of this page. Search "1TB HDD upgrade" and read whatever you can find. There is far to much information for any of us to retype here. Reaserch, learn and then if you get hung up at any one point, come back here and we will help. But for the most part any question you could think to ask has already been asked. Use the search function first, then come back here if you cant find your answers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users