• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dan_the_man

dan_the_man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:37 PM

Is it possible to copy over via FTP the files necessary so that I can have a working MS Dashboard that I can access from my Evox 3935 dashboard? I want to avoid using XboxHDM and I want to avoid connecting my Xbox hard drive directly to my computer.

As it is right now, when I boot up my Xbox, it boots to Evox 3935, which is what I want. However, I need to change certain video settings within the MS Dash and whenever I try to open the MS Dash from the Evox menu, it returns with an Error 21 "Service required".

When I try launching MS Dash from the UnleashX menu, I just get a black screen (I don't get the error 21).

When I try opening the msdash.xbe file from within XBMC, I get Error 21. However, when I try opening the file called xboxdash.xbe, I get the same black screen I get when I try launching MS Dash from the UnleashX menu.

I have several Xbox hard drive backups on my computer and I have FTP access to my Xbox. What I don't want is to transfer over files only to have made a brick of my Xbox.

I can provide screen shots of the files/directory structure of my Xbox hard drive, the backup folders I have on my computer, and my evox.ini file if that would help.

If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it very much.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:46 PM

How is your Xbox modded?

If softmodded, which softmod?

Which video settings do you want to change?

(And what does your problem have to do with GameSave Exploits?)

#3 dan_the_man

dan_the_man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:15 AM

My Xbox is modded with SID 3 using the Splinter Cell save exploit (which is why I posted this message here). I need to change my video settings from HD to SD within the MS Dash (doing this within any other dashboard or application does not fix the fact that when I connect my component cables to my non-HD TV, I get a scrambled picture).

Please let me know where I should post this question if this forum is not acceptabe.

Regards,
Daniel

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:20 AM

As far as I recall SID 3 doesn't allow you to run the Ms Dash directly. You could upgrade to Krayzie 1.1.1 or Kingroach NDURE 3.1. Alternatively use XBMC to change the dash settings. Recent versions (last couple of years) can set video settings directly. Just launch XBMC, then go to Settings-System-Video Output and enable the video modes your TV supports.

Edited by Heimdall, 03 February 2011 - 01:21 AM.

#5 dan_the_man

dan_the_man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:05 AM

My XBMC compile date is Aug 4, 2005. I guess I should look for a new version. And while that would solve my video settings issue, it still wouldn't fix the fact that I can't load up MS Dash. I know that at one time, with this current softmod, I could boot MS Dash from within Evox no problem (which is how I switched my video settings to HD in the first place), but then I think I played with the evox.ini file or renamed a file or moved a folder in the C: or E: drive and have not since been able to get back into it.

I really appreciate your help.

Can you suggest another forum within this site where I can post my question to maybe get some more eyes on it?

P.S. Is the Search functionality broken on this site? It is not working for me. Every time I try to use the search, I get

"Board Message
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:
Search these forums using the custom google search engine below!"

Edited by dan_the_man, 03 February 2011 - 02:05 AM.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

Use Google board search as the link suggested.

Reposting the same question elsewhere wouldn't get you much more help - especially when you've been given the answer - use XBMC to change your video settings, and upgrade your softmod to get MS Dash back.

#7 dan_the_man

dan_the_man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:23 AM

These softmods you mention contain the MS Dash? I doubt they do but maybe things have changed since I modded my Xbox all those years ago.

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:26 AM

Grab HeXEn 0.99B11-22. Password is Heimdall01. Burn to DVD-R, boot, follow the instructions to upgrade to Krayzie or Kingroach. It also restores the MS Dash.

#9 dan_the_man

dan_the_man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:33 AM

Thank you

#10 dan_the_man

dan_the_man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:13 AM

Just an update to keep this thread complete.

Upgrading to the latest build of XBMC for Xbox (30805) does allow the changing of video settings. In my case, I had Widescreen enabled which would not work on my tube T.V. when the component cables were plugged in. So, using composite cables, I changed this setting to Standard. Then I shut off my Xbox, swapped to the component cables and booted it back up. Perfect picture! No scrambled image. Prior to installing this version of XBMC, the only way I would have been able to change this settings is through the MS Dash, which I cannot currently access.

I will give the softmod update a shot later and will report on if it does in fact allow me to access MS Dash after the install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users