X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

Hey.

I was going to try my new esata-sata kabel to connect to my 1.5 tera hdd that i use with my xbox. Nothing did happend so i tryd then a sata-sata cabel and got it do regonize in windows. But didn't see any partition 3 or what so ever. Then i connected the sata from xbox to the hdd and it won't show upp anymore sad.gif Only as unformated hdd! sad.gif What should i do i have like 300gb worth of data on that hdd sad.gif

Help!

#2 Takashi

Takashi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

First off, 360 WILL NOT recognize NTFS.
You need to format as FAT32.
There's an app around that will do it, windows won't do it, i forget what it's called.

#3 jumojn

jumojn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

The hdd is in xbox 360 format. It has around 300gb of games xbla and stuff like that. it has been connected to the xbox for over 1 year now but then when i tryd to connect it to sata for faster copying insted of ftp it stopped working sad.gif

#4 grandmaster

grandmaster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(jumojn @ Feb 8 2011, 03:58 AM) View Post

The hdd is in xbox 360 format. It has around 300gb of games xbla and stuff like that. it has been connected to the xbox for over 1 year now but then when i tryd to connect it to sata for faster copying insted of ftp it stopped working sad.gif

You could try xboxdumper or Xplorer360sataHDD xbins FTP server has other apps aswell there are a few HDD apps about. You could try connect to xbox with usb aswell this i have not tried with what is normally the primary HDD but an enclosure that has USB2.0 and E-Sata are cheap as. If it appears transfer your saves and profiles and anything important to USB stick even if you have to do multiple transfers and start again fresh and re-format the drive.
I would 1st of all before you do anything get some decent HDD backup software (xboxdumper from memory only does partitions) that can see the drive on your PC and make a BACKUP. Hopefully this way if you end up messing it up you have a backup and preferably in a format that you may be able to mount as a virtual drive you may be able to recover the info from it this way its worth a try maybe the drive xplorer will even see it and the partition you are seeking. I have never tried this so i do not know if it will work.
I would just image the whole HDD entirely this way u can restore it if need be or atleast have a chance to maybe try to restore the data to a different drive of the same size and type first and mess around on that if you have 1. You may even be able to restore the image to an empty PC 3.5" HDD it would have to be same size or larger.
I have never had this happen to me and i have connected my drive up with sata before. I hope you get your data back good luck with it and i hope ive helped in some way i would h8 it if i lost all my savegame data. You should do incremental backups of the drive in 2 locations of the savegame data that is what im going to do now.
If you want i can try this procedure for you backing up the entire drive and restoring to another to see if the process would actually work on a working drive or load it as an image and see if it is detectable 2 my PC. PM me and i will check tomorrow as im going to backup my drive anyway well the save games and i can try this at the same time.

I have 3 consoles and i have not connected my JTAG drive before so im not sure if that is any different i was referring to just my 120gb HDD FW modded console and ive had a 20gb connected from an old Pro pack. I know that my 500gb JTAG HDD would be missing the nesecary info to work on a standard console as i just put it in the case and it formatted it and all so maybe the program on the pc you were using needed that info to see the drive partitions or they may have updated versions of the app for JTAG drives just a guess there.

Edited by grandmaster, 15 March 2011 - 06:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users