• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lahonda_99

lahonda_99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

I found this tutorial which explains how to install XeX Menu and Freestyle dash from running a copy of the software from a DVD in a firmware flashed drive.

Do I need one of those really old dashboard consoles that do not have the August 2009 update?

Free60.org says that JTAG requires hardware modification, but the tutorial above implies that I can install and run dashboards, emulators, GOD and other games by only needing a flashed drive to start the process.

Is it possible to install Freestyle Dash and have its full functionality on a newly updated XBOX 360?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

The title of the page you linked to is a bit of a giveaway - "The Ultimate Tutorial for setting up a J-Tag Console!"

So the answer is no - your Xbox has to be JTAG hacked to run homebrew.

#3 lahonda_99

lahonda_99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:09 PM

Thank you for the fast reply. I have seen threads elsewhere that say non-JTAG XBLA and GOD. Do you know of a way to boot Games on Demand from a non-JTAG 360?

#4 dstruktiv

dstruktiv

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(lahonda_99 @ Feb 6 2011, 08:09 AM) View Post

Thank you for the fast reply. I have seen threads elsewhere that say non-JTAG XBLA and GOD. Do you know of a way to boot Games on Demand from a non-JTAG 360?

Sure, download and pay for them through Xbox Live, they'll be signed to your specific console and you'll be able to run them without any modifications whatsoever.

#5 RRoD420

RRoD420

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:29 AM

misinformed here eh? god, xbla and dlc is very possible on a non-jtag console NO harware MODs only a modded profile. Knowledge is power smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users