• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jasontac

jasontac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:06 AM

Hello everyone, i have tried a HP 4gb usb stick and also tried a scandisc 2gb with usb card reader and when i put either one into usb controller i made i dont get a error at all almost like it doesnt know there is even a memory stick or card in there. Any suggestions to why.... or should i buy a certain kind of memory card or usb stick for it to work?
And if so what kind?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:33 AM

It's just as likely to be your wiring. You should check your wiring using this guide before you start buying more memory sticks.

#3 jasontac

jasontac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:48 AM

well that might be the case then cause from what i seen in the other pic the colors connect to the same color so ya i'll go back and check this for sure....Thanks!!

But here it show the colors being connected to same color.
http://www.llamma.co...usb_adapter.htm

Edited by jasontac, 06 February 2011 - 01:56 AM.

#4 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:01 PM

You can get both USB to Xbox adapter cords and Xbox controller to USB cords from for very little expense online. I imported a couple from the US to UK and even with shipping it cost under 8 ($12).

It seems to me the chances are the problem isn't with your wiring anyway but with the USB sticks or memory devices you're trying to use. This has been covered here many times before. Unfortunately it is a total lottery finding ones that work.

It's typical that they simply aren't recognised when attached or you're given an error message via your dash that the device is faulty or couldn't be mounted.

Even when you find one that does work it may still occasionally go missing or report errors during copying of files, particularly large ones, to them. Once the files are on the stick my experience is that they work perfectly.

Only ones that I've found that work without any problem are all small capacity USB v.1 and v.1.1.

#5 jasontac

jasontac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Feb 5 2011, 07:33 PM) View Post

It's just as likely to be your wiring. You should check your wiring using this guide before you start buying more memory sticks.

if the red is +5 and the black is -5 and the green and white are data then shouldn the red go to red seeing how red has the +5 for positive and black to black seeing how black is -5 and is ground and then figure out what data goes where. and i have no way of testing the wires, specially the usb cause i cant plug it in to check it cause it cut and no way of putting power to it if i had a metter? is there anybody that has done this before not know what colors connect to what?

Also when i connect my card reader to cable it lights up so its getting power, does that say the red and black are correct then and i switched the green and white but still did get any error nor did my xbox recognize the memory

Edited by jasontac, 07 February 2011 - 03:32 AM.

#6 jasontac

jasontac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:13 AM

ok so here is the link that i used to configure my wiring for usb controller: http://www.llamma.co...usb_adapter.htm

now if somebody else has a different wiring diagram that does not connect the same colors together i would like to see it, cause i have tried 3 memory sticks and a scandisc memory card and none are being recognized nor am i getting a error of any kind from the xbox. i was told it is in my wiring and that i cant connect the colors together so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

This guide is helpful but have no way to check the voltage of the wires:http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/~xbox/xbox-scene/tutorials/XBOX2PC_USB_Wiring_Guide.pdf
and is a different guide that i used and others have used the first wiring diagram and said it worked, so is it my wiring or my memory sticks and or card?

Edited by jasontac, 08 February 2011 - 05:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users