• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IDSKoT

IDSKoT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

Hey, guys. I updated to the newest Dashboard (because I need to read more and I'm dumb), and now I'm having a bunch of issues in terms of my Xbox being able to read games properly and intermittent freezing.

When I say 'read games properly', I mean ORIGINAL games. Not backup copies. My GTA IV is relatively unscratched, a few little scratches, but nothing like "WOAH! YOU WANT THAT TO PLAY?!" And it will occasionally say 'Play DVD'. It's odd because if I power down, and power back up with out even touching the disk, it will actually let me play the game.

And it also randomly freezes. No warning signs before hand, it will just stall up and I have to power down.

This doesn't only happen with original, nor Backup copies. Nor is there a set time... I have a fan mounted on top of the Xbox, so I have the ability to put my fingers and touch the heatsink / feel the heat, and it doesn't seem like it's overheating.

Now, it could be that I got banned. I don't go online, so it wouldn't bother me. However, I'd like to know if there's a way I can either degrade or fix it.

I'm using a Samsung MS28 Drive spoofed as a Hitachi, obviously with the newest Dashboard.

Edited by IDSKoT, 06 February 2011 - 10:27 AM.

#2 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:25 PM

No you can't downgrade your dashboard. Try clearing your cache and update your dvd drive to the latest firmware if you already haven't. Make sure you properly patch games with ap2.5.

#3 IDSKoT

IDSKoT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE(tomgreen99200 @ Feb 6 2011, 04:25 PM) View Post

No you can't downgrade your dashboard. Try clearing your cache and update your dvd drive to the latest firmware if you already haven't. Make sure you properly patch games with ap2.5.

Thank you, sir. I realized that it mainly only happens with "sandbox" games. Such as GTA IV and Crackdown 2.

Linear games, like Dragon's Age are fine. It's odd. I've cleared the cache and it doesn't help. Hoping that this new firmware will help out. Doing it on my next day off (whenever that is.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users