Photo

Anyway To Transfer Raincoat To Xboxhd Without Mem Card?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:20 PM

I haven't performed a TSOP flash in so long and when I went to look for my mem card it was missing. I can't find them at any local store and I don't want wait for them to come in the mail.

I have found some pretty outdated guides to use windows and detect the HD after it has been unlocked by the xbox (hot swap). Since these guides are so old they are written for windows xp. I have windows 7 and it sees the drive but wants to initialize it. I'm scared to do this and lose all the data.

Is there someone who has done this recently and has some good updated instructions for me? I'd really appreciate it. Recap:

Q: Can I transfer the raincoat save game to the xbox HD without a microsoft mem card.

Resources:

Several modded xbox's in the house running xbmc (one has xecuter3 and the rest are either softmodded or TSOP flashed)

1 Desktop PC running Windows 7 32 bit
1 Desktop PC running Windows 7 64 bit
1 Desktop PC running Linux Mint

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

First, I would put Krazie's Ndure 1.1.1 on there. Unless you are going to use Raincoat purely to softmod and TSOP.

You can build a USB adapter for the Xbox and use it to transfer the files from one of the modded Xbox consoles.

There are many tutorials on here on how to build an Xbox to USB adapter.

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:55 AM

you can also hotswap to a hardmodded xbox, or use xboxhdm to access an HD after hotswap on a pc (its a bootable app, so it doesnt matter what OS you have)

#4 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:33 PM

Thanks everyone for your help.

I'm actually going to perform a softmod because this is 1.6.

What I used to do was drop a large hard drive into the new xbox and then slap a solderless xecuter 3 that I had laying around into the system and lock it with config magic. I would then transfer all my software via ftp, take out the modchip and peform the softmod with SID5 and 007.

My solderless adapter is busted so that's out of the question and I don't have a mem card anymore. I got through it finally though. Here's what I did.

Cut a USB extension cable in half and soldered it to a severed xbox1 controller cable. (pretty simple. the colors all matched up).

Plugged that into the new 1.6 ms dashboard and formatted a 4 gb flash drive.

Plugged the flashdrive into my windows pc and used Action Replay Xbox to transfer the SID5 installer and 007 exploit to the flashddrive.

Plugged the flashdrive back into the xbox and transferred the savegames to the internal HD.

Fired up 007 and used SID5 to peform softmod.

After that I transfered the C and E drives off to my PC via ftp.

I copied the C, and E, drives and my eeprom.bin file to the appropriate directories inside of xboxhdm linux directory and built the iso.

Booted up my pc with the new linux iso and the new 350gb plugged into the PC. I followed the instructions to build a new hd, copy the C and E drive and then subsequently lock the HD using the eeprom.bin.

It worked like a charm!

Now I can do this much faster next time. All I'll have to do is copy the savegames and perform the exploit then save the eeprom.bin. From there I can build a new iso and format a new HD.

I'm glad I went through this because now I won't need to slap modchips in anymore to perform softmod.

Question for lordvader129: You mentioned being able to hotswap the HD inside a hardmodded xbox. Can you tell me how to do this? I tried several times to perform a hotswap and every time I did that the xbox wouldn't move forward.

#5 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:11 AM

If you are going to continue doing this, use Krazie's Ndure 1.1.1 to softmod with. It is more up to date and is more stable than SID.

#6 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:55 AM

well hotswapping is always tricky, and not something i recommend relying on if you mod a lot of xboxes, but its good for emergencies

to hotswap to a hardmodded (chipped or TSOP'd) xbox put a slayers, AID or other rescue cd in the hardmodded box's dvd drive and turn it off, then unplug the HD

the unplug the unmodded box's DVD drive (unplugging the DVD drive forces an error 12, which leaves the HD unlocked longer than normal, making the hotswap easier) and turn it on, when it boots to the error screen unplug the IDE from the HD and plug it unto the modded box's IDE (leave the power plugged in to the unmodded box and leave it turned on)

turn on the modded box, and if all went well and the gods are smiling, it will boot the rescue cd and allow FTP access to the unmodded HD, so you can FTP the softmod

once the softmod is installed turn everything off, reassemble the components in their respective xboxes and and backup the eeprom from the newly-softmodded box for future use and/or building a new large HD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users