Photo

Ftp Unmodded Xbox With Ethernet Network Cable - No Memory Card?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Unisykolist

Unisykolist

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:33 AM

Hi Everyone.

I am new to the forums. My friend has had a hard modded XBOX since he was about 8 years-old (now 15). He has emulators on it and now I want to do the same.

Before I send my XBOX off to http://www.mod-store.com.au/ to get it hardmodded with a new DuoX chip, I was wondering if I can softmod my XBOX with only an ethernet cable. I want to FTP a 007 or Splinter Cell gamesave exploit directly onto my HDD with FlashFXP. Is this possible or do I need a memory card? I've tried it already and my PC detects my XBOX and in Network Settings, everything is set to automatic to obtain my DNS and IP Adress etc... IT successfully connects to the internet and my network (but not XBOX live because I dont' have it). So when I try to FTP with FlashFXP it does not connect and says it will re-try in 120 seconds.

Help would be very much appreciated.

-Brandon

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,751 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:08 AM

no, youll have to hotswap the HD in order to put the save or other softmod on the xbox. there are plenty of guides available

#3 Unisykolist

Unisykolist

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Feb 12 2011, 05:38 PM) View Post

no, youll have to hotswap the HD in order to put the save or other softmod on the xbox. there are plenty of guides available

OK, thanks. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Feb 12 2011, 05:38 PM) View Post

OK, thanks. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users