• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 uglyoldbob

uglyoldbob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:10 AM

I attempted to solder the write points on my V1.3 xbox. I messed up the two pins near the LPC pins (on the front of the motherboard). It now frags (flash red and green) on me.

Of course I can still put a mod-chip on it, but I would prefer to try to get the TSOP on the motherboard working . I have not yet attempted to flash it so I have a good feeling the problem lies within a broken connection (probably one of the lines used to enable flashing).

I thought about trying to use the TSOP itself as a 29-wire mod. I found a datasheet for the TSOP chip. What I have in mind is to measure continuity between the TSOP and the places where a 29-wire mod would be installed. If all these measurements are good, then there is determining where those traces run to beyond the insertion points for the 29-wire mod.

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

Using the TSOP for a 29-wire isn't a bad idea. As anyone ever thought of converting a working xbox motherboard into a "bed of nails" type thing? It could then be used to re-flash other boards with bad TSOP's. It would be a very tough project, but awesome in the end.

#3 uglyoldbob

uglyoldbob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

Ok I have verified connectivity with a multi-meter on every pin except number 32, which is labeled as OUTPUT ENABLE. I don't see any pins listed for the 29 wire mods that would translate to this pin.

Has the layout of the motherboard changed between 1.3 and 1.4? I have a working 1.4 board to compare to.
EDIT: Ok nevermind, the 1.4 xbox I just bought yesterday also FRAGS and has not been modified at all. mad.gif

The other thing to do is to take the board and do some tests with a logic analyzer at school.

Edited by uglyoldbob, 16 February 2011 - 07:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users