• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:29 AM

I got a 360 slim brought to me today with a interesting problem. The tray did not want to ever stay closed and then it would never think it was opened all the way. Seeing as it never registered as closed it would not try and read games. It just kept ejecting. My customer was under warranty but did not want to send it off so I was asked to take a look at it. First thing I thought of was that something was wrong with the limit switch that tells the drive circuit board the tray position. Sure enough I was correct.

When i opened the drive up this little piece of plastic fell out. As it turns out it was part of a clip that holds the tray open / closed limit switch in place. I did my best to illustrate where it was broken from.

IPB Image

The solution was rather simple. I am not a big fan of using hot glue to fix things but it was the simplest solution in this case. So a bit of glue to hold down the switch and its all better. Now my customer can get back to his obsession, playing COD. yay smile.gif I have no idea how it got busted but I figured I would share my repair in case this becomes a common issue.

IPB Image

#2 smuddge37

smuddge37

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

very good find!

always like to see someone get to the bottom of the problem rather than just replace things.

#3 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:25 PM

Nice visuals and great information.

#4 chase

chase

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:32 AM

thanks for sharing.. biggrin.gif

#5 CPR_DW

CPR_DW

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Thank you for posting this information. Because of your post, I was able to make a diagnosis for a customers system and quickly repair their xbox. Believe me when I say that this is a rarity when we encounter new problems that need to be researched online. This was the first time we have seen a self ejecting drive come in.

So again, from all of us here at CPR Arboretum, Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users