• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Loves to mod gaming consoles.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

Hey everyone i want to install two usb ports to my xbox but i don't want to have to get rid of one of the controller ports to do this so what guide and what stuff will i need to do this as mr.slim can do it i want to as well thanks heaps.

#2 memainman

memainman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:26 AM

i dont think that's possible. or at least not how you describe it.

you can of course splice the wires of one of the controler ports and put in a usb hub/port.

if you chose a hub then your controller wont work if you plug it straight into the hub(the controller its self is a hub so a hub plugged into a hub just wont work).
if you chose a single port to add, then you will be able to plug the controller into that port but not another into the regular controller port.
in both cases, you wont be able to have something in the added port as well as a controller in the controller port it's piggybacking off.

if you just want to use a usb port for removable media, then i suggest you replace the ports on the actual controller with regular usb ports. the only difference between the two will be the extra wire on the controller side (the yellow wire) you will find and im pretty sure thats the middle electrode. perhaps a google search for something like 'add usb port to xbox controller -360' that should put you in the right direction.

good luck

#3 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:47 PM

it just so happens that I did exactly that a few days ago.
See here:
http://xfusion2010.b...-to-s-type.html

IPB Image

#4 Zebedee Rocks

Zebedee Rocks

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

I run have a Usb hub installed in the back of my Xbox and still retain functionality of the controller port by utilizing a switch, although a DPDT relay would also work (if not better). The trick is to use the signal lines (green, white) when using a switch, a DPDT would need all four anyways to actually work. Use http://www.xbox-scen...-dvd-dongle.php for the DPDT method, just substitute the dongle for and Usb devices.

regards,
Zebedee

#5 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:01 AM

You basically need an usb hub. The controller contains such a hub.
The memory slots on the controller are simply usb ports with another connector.
The xbox root hub is a 4 port which are all used for the controller ports.

regards.

#6 flyboyovyick

flyboyovyick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Gaming....... Sleeping........
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:08 AM

When i modded my xbox i glued a usb into the 4th port. Then i connected a 4 port hub and cut a hole into the side of the case and glued it in place.

Just run it off a controller port.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users