#1 MorboTron

MorboTron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

I am currently having a small issue with a Falcon model I acquired the other day. It came to me as an E74, so I removed the outer shell. As far as I can see, the -Clamps are still in place, and the DVD drive still had the foil security seal under the drive tray. The Original warranty seal was in place as well.

To get to the point here. The console will sit at E74 until the GPU gets to about 40C then will restart into normal mode with no problem. A game can be played for hours...until you shut down the console and let it cool.

At that point, it will one of three things:
  1. Power up fine but will have graphical anomalies.
  2. Immediately display the boot logo, then freeze with artifacts on screen.
  3. Dump directly to E74.
The strange part about it, is that putting any amount of pressure on the GPU or the HANA does not affect anything. The only thing that changes any outcome is unplugging the fans and allowing the GPU to get to at least 40C.

Could this just be because the board itself is slightly warped in one area? Or is it that the HANA is failing?

EDIT-

I failed to mention that the system will do this on all resolution settings. I have tried 4 different TV sets, as well as three different monitors. All with different cables. (2 Sets VGA, 2 sets Composite, 2 sets HDMI, 2 sets component) to the same effect.

Edited by MorboTron, 20 February 2011 - 09:29 PM.

#2 Rhino61466

Rhino61466

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

I have the same problem with mine. When I screw with the gpu bake for about 45 minutes and let it properly cool it will work fine for about six months and then give me the same problems. Based on all the experimenting I have done it def is a heat issue with the GPU. I am going to reflow mine then add an improved heat sink to the GPU and see what results I get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users