kolosus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:43 AM

I have a 1.2-1.3 xbox. TSOP flashed. Using xbmc as my dash. I'm using it for storage of my movies and such.

I've been trying to get my whole collection of Disney movies into one directory and ran up against problems in ftp speeds. After a certain movie the speed starts to drop significantly. After playing around with it for a time I remembered that you can only put so much into one directory before fatx starts to give out.

My question is that I've seen this written up in the forum somewhere or another... I just can't find it. The limits of fatx was spelled out and what not to do. I read it and figured I'd remember what was important. But obviously not.

Thanks folks.

#2 kolosus

kolosus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:40 AM

Found the answer to my question. Figured I'd post the answer here in case someone else wonders about the limitations.

The Xbox built-in harddrive is formatted in FATX (File Allocation Table for Xbox) which has a 4GB (4096 Megabyte) file size limitation, and only supports file/folder names up to 42 characters, a maximum of 255 in total file structure character depth and a maximum number of 4096 files/folders in a single subfolder, plus in the root of each partition, the maximum number of files/folders is 256. FATX also does not support all standard ASCII characters in file/folder names (for example < > = ? : ; " * + , / \| &).

I got that from wikipedia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users