Joes2Silly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:47 AM

Not quite sure where I should post this, but I'll give it a shot. I have a xbox with a DuoX2 GS that has frostys VGA bios on one bank, and cromwell bios on the other. I have the thing hooked up to my 17 in LCD monitor, but I tried it with an older CRT before and got the same result. It boots fine in frostys VGA bios, but I get a green tint when I boot into cromwell bios. My xbox crashes every time I try to boot linux in frostys VGA bios, and I get a green tint when I'm booting into cromwell, so I assume the issue here is the bios. What can I do to fix this?

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

The green tint with Cromwell is because you are still using a VGA cable, but Cromwell doesn't set the Xbox up to produce VGA (RGB), it still outputs YPbPr.

Not sure why Frosty's VGA BIOS hangs when booting Linux. Are you using FrostyTheSnowman_Xman954_X2_5035_VGA_BIOS_v1.0_fixed.zip? You could try a different VGA BIOS from xbins e.g. iND-BiOS.5001.VGA-junkmonkey.rar, or you could try patching your own copy of Evox M8+ with Evox_M8plus_VGA_Patcher_v0.8_bugfix.rar.

#3 Joes2Silly

Joes2Silly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:05 AM

I just downloaded and flashed the bios in FrostyTheSnowman_Xman954_X2_5035_VGA_BIOS_v1.0_fixed.zip, and I'm still getting this problem. I'll try another bios, but this issue is really weird. The xbox ring will flash orange and the fan will throttle up to 100% then the xbox will turn off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users