12 replies to this topic

#1 crazyfoo

crazyfoo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 07:16 PM

Has anyone succesfully done this? If you have, can you please say how, i've tried, got my pc bios to recognize it, but windows xp doesnt recognize it... Please only comment if you've actually done it..

#2 KillMeStupid

KillMeStupid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 07:18 PM

I think you require a modchip to format a harddrive for Xbox use. Maybe get a friend with a modded Xbox to help you?

#3 bigdingding

bigdingding

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 07:24 PM

I think you require a modchip to format a harddrive for Xbox use. Maybe get a friend with a modded Xbox to help you?

say u got a mod chip how would u do this and what tools do i need?

#4 crazyfoo

crazyfoo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 07:24 PM

Thanx. But nah, you dont... Anyone actually tried this and know what they are talking about?

#5 KillMeStupid

KillMeStupid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 07:29 PM

Alright, tell me.

How can you run, for example. . . say, a harddrive formatting program(such as EvoX), through the exploit. . . . on the new harddrive.

Oh, guess what? You can't. You still need to require the original Xbox dashboard. Maybe you can do it through the save exploit of 007. . . but I doubt that, games need the cache on the harddrive. Might screw up.

#6 crazyfoo

crazyfoo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 07:31 PM

what does that have to do with this thread? Damn let it go man, you dont know what you're talking about...

#7 KillMeStupid

KillMeStupid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (bigdingding @ Jul 5 2003, 09:24 PM)

say u got a mod chip how would u do this and what tools do i need?

Not much, really. Just clean up the harddrive a bit, put it into the Xbox, and run EvoX from a CDRW. You can format the harddrive from there, and FTP any files.

Its recommended you backup the original Xbox harddrive first through the FTP on EvoX. . .

#8 KillMeStupid

KillMeStupid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (crazyfoo @ Jul 5 2003, 09:31 PM)
what does that have to do with this thread? Damn let it go man, you dont know what you're talking about...

Well, shit. I read the title wrong. . . .

I apologize.

But, why is this topic here in the dashboard exploit in the first place?

EDIT: You need to unlock it. Whether you do the "hard" swap. . . AKA, let the Xbox boot up with the harddrive, then unplugging the IDE cable, then your PC IDE cable into the Xbox harddrive. Or unlock it using that ConfigMagic program on the Xbox.

Also, it'd help if you got the Xbox HID. . . the drivers. They're in the tools section of this site.

Edited by KillMeStupid, 05 July 2003 - 07:40 PM.

#9 mknlb50

mknlb50

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (KillMeStupid @ Jul 5 2003, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE (crazyfoo @ Jul 5 2003, 09:31 PM)

Well, shit. I read the title wrong. . . .

I apologize.

But, why is this topic here in the dashboard exploit in the first place?

EDIT: You need to unlock it. Whether you do the "hard" swap. . . AKA, let the Xbox boot up with the harddrive, then unplugging the IDE cable, then your PC IDE cable into the Xbox harddrive. Or unlock it using that ConfigMagic program on the Xbox.

Also, it'd help if you got the Xbox HID. . . the drivers. They're in the tools section of this site.

ugh!! you can actually hook up ur xbox hd to your win2k/xp computer... laugh.gif
i just wasted my time installing linux, LOL. o well. thanks for bringing that up "killmestupid" beerchug.gif

Edited by mknlb50, 05 July 2003 - 07:51 PM.

#10 fightclub

fightclub

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 07:52 PM

i dont get what ur asking... will u repharse the question...

#11 crazyfoo

crazyfoo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 08:01 PM

Thanx kill me stupid, i'm going along the right lines... I just cant get windows to recognize the drive... Is it supposed to show up in my computer??? It doesnt even show up in device manager, and the bios has definetly recognized it... And i'm not sure which 'drivers' i'm supposed to be using, and how i'm supposed 2 be using em... theres a few...

mknlb50, please tell me if you manage to get it working under 2k/xp, i'm downloading linux now because i'm getting so desperate...

Fightclub, i'm trying to use an unmodded xbox hard drive in my pc.. Know how to?

I posted it in here because the hard disk way is the only way some of us can use this exploit, some of us dont have a mega-x key, usb storage device, mechassault or agent under fire...

#12 KillMeStupid

KillMeStupid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (crazyfoo @ Jul 5 2003, 10:01 PM)
Thanx kill me stupid, i'm going along the right lines... I just cant get windows to recognize the drive... Is it supposed to show up in my computer??? It doesnt even show up in device manager, and the bios has definetly recognized it... And i'm not sure which 'drivers' i'm supposed to be using, and how i'm supposed 2 be using em... theres a few...

I posted it in here because the hard disk way is the only way some of us can use this exploit, some of us dont have a mega-x key, usb storage device, mechassault or agent under fire...

http://www.xbox-scen...?page=harddrive

Go there, and download the "HDD Drivers".

Read the *.rtf file that comes along with the zip. That should do the trick.

And I see.

Edited by KillMeStupid, 05 July 2003 - 08:05 PM.

#13 mknlb50

mknlb50

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (crazyfoo @ Jul 5 2003, 10:01 PM)

mknlb50, please tell me if you manage to get it working under 2k/xp, i'm downloading linux now because i'm getting so desperate...

Fightclub, i'm trying to use an unmodded xbox hard drive in my pc.. Know how to?

ya i'll try connecting my hd to my win2k/xp comp. but im still waiting for my bro to come back with torx screw drivers biggrin.gif

but in the mean time, try this
http://dwl.xbox-scen.../HDD_Driver.zip

there's a read me file, read it first and try it! and tell me if it works or not.

if that doesnt work, another way is using dos mode...
http://dwl.xbox-scen...ive/XboxHDD.zip

hope one of those work! beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users