2 replies to this topic

#1 Clockface

Clockface

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:54 AM

In XBMC, how do I create a screenshot from a film that is then used as a thumbnail for that movie's file?

As far as I can see, a thumbnail is a jpg file but named [movie file name].tbn, and is placed in the same folder as the movie file, so is there a way to take a screenshot in a video file that is then automatically renamed and moved into the movie's folder? I'd imagine that this would be relatively trivial to implement, but I can't find out how to do it, if it is in XBMC.

I'm not talking about scraping a screenshot from an online site (my XBox is not online), but about the user choosing when in the movie to take a screenshot, and the screenshot then being automatically used as a thumbnail for the movie in the movie file selector. I would have thought that there'd be a way for this to happen, such as if you pause playback, and then press a certin button on the joypad then you'd get an option like "Use current screen as movie file thumbnail?", does such a function exist?

Thanks for any answers.

#2 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:48 AM

There's no such function. Annoyingly, it'll automatically create thumbnails for any video bookmarks you create. Go figure.

#3 Clockface

Clockface

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

OK mate. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users