IMO this is the most simple method.

All that is required is:
PC with PSU that has sata power plug.
Switch
2X Bit of wire
Xbox 360 dvd power cable
Something to probe with.

How to make:
Get your xbox 360 dvd power cord cut it in half.
IPB Image
Now cut off cable 3 and 4.

Now strip the ends of 5,7,9,11 and solder them all together.
Take a bit of wire and solder your probe to it.
Solder the probes wire into the soldered wires of 5,7,9,11.
Now solder all this to the black sata power cable.
Tape it all up to keep it safe and away for the other cables.

Now solder your switch to pin 6 then solder a bit of wire to the other side of the switch.
Then solder this to the orange sata power cable and tape it up.

Strip pin 8 and solder to red sata power cable then tape it up.
---
(optinal if you want a full function dvd drive that doesnt need to be turned off to boot windows)
strip pin 12 and 10.
Solder pin 12 and 10 to yellow sata power cable.
(if you dont care about full functions and will just be using to extract key while in jungle flasher)
Cut off cable 12 and 10.
---
Now tape it all up so its not going to fall out or short on anything.

Any one thats intrested heres the pinout of the sata power cable.
black = earth
orange = 3.3v
red = 5v
yellow = 12v

And heres mine made used it to extract 15 keys so far. I didnt wire up the 12V so if the drive is hooked up while I boot windows it sits at the starting windows screen for 3 mins. But I dont plug the drive in in till iv started jungle flasher so iv got no problem there.
IPB Image

#2 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:15 AM

or u can just cut a switch into the 6 wire (3.3) and splice a wire into 5 (grd) or solder it to the grd pad on a connectivity kit. you don't even need a probe, u can just strip the last millimeter of the ground wire off and probe with that.

IPB Image

Edited by iateshaggy, 28 February 2011 - 03:17 AM.

#3 majinsoftware

majinsoftware

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:05 AM

My connectivity kit is a maximus one that plugs stright into the dvd drive so I had no wires to splice into.
And im sure theres still people about that dont have a connectivity kit at all and this would allow them to flash xboxs.

#4 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:24 AM

every one has a power cable, it is in your 360. you can leave the switch in, remove it, doesn't matter as long as it is turned on. as far as the probe goes, pick a grd point and clip or solder to it.

#5 mrza1986

mrza1986

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Feb 28 2011, 04:24 AM)  

every one has a power cable, it is in your 360. you can leave the switch in, remove it, doesn't matter as long as it is turned on. as far as the probe goes, pick a grd point and clip or solder to it.

I saw a guy connecting XBOX 360 DVD drive to a PC using SATA to USB adapter. Is it possible? I want to over flash my Samsung using Jungle Flasher adn can not get the card and I'm too clumsy to do your way but I have to connect DVD to PC somehow.

#6 ARY

ARY

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Support flashing Xbox 360
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(mrza1986 @ Mar 1 2011, 09:32 PM)  

I saw a guy connecting XBOX 360 DVD drive to a PC using SATA to USB adapter. Is it possible? I want to over flash my Samsung using Jungle Flasher adn can not get the card and I'm too clumsy to do your way but I have to connect DVD to PC somehow.

Use Maximus Lizard or Xecuter X360 Pro USB. Another SATA-USB adapters will not work

#7 billybob360

billybob360

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

Can you mod the v1 probe? considering there is no need for it anymore if this method works on all liteons?

IF you can - can someone tell me what they did?

Cheers,
BB

#8 undeadman

undeadman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:36 PM

hi,
first of all thank you very much for your pmt solution.
because i prefer to don't cut the power cable from my psu i bought this male to female sata power cable extender (with the 3.3v cable):
IPB Image
now the simple question: i have two black GND cables, i need to use anyone or i solder them together with the multiple GNDs from the J1D1 connector?
thanks in advance and sorry for my english

undeadman

#9 majinsoftware

majinsoftware

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:37 AM

Just use one black wire, Any one of them doesnt matter they go the same place.
How much did the extention cost btw? I wasnt worryied about cutting mine since its got 8 of them coming off the psu and my mother board only has 6 sata ports.

#10 undeadman

undeadman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:05 AM

thank you! it costs me about 5 , shipping included.. i know, it's not very cheap but it's better than cut the power cables, also i can use it with another pc. when it's done i'll post some picture.
thanks again!

undeadman

#11 shells344

shells344

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

Can somebody please tell me why do this over other PMT methods because I tried yesterday and destroyed my PC it won't post sad.gif going to try again

#12 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

if hard mods are over your head, then don't do them. this is how a little bit of knowledge becomes a dangerous thing.

#13 shells344

shells344

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

So soldering wire and a switch is a hard mod now...wow I have been away from the scene to long thanks for your reply to my ?

#14 kizzdosu

kizzdosu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

that's great tutorial. I understand that you put button between wire 6 on xbox and orange on sata for power on/off...but where should one put a switch for eject? I'm looking forward for an answer, thanks

#15 tysfamily

tysfamily

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:33 PM

Eject botton should be on pin 3. But you'll need a 3 pin or leg momentary switch. It should be wired so pin 3 is on 1 leg, a ground is on another leg and 3.3v is connected to the momentary leg. When fliped for a sec to 3.3v to active the eject/close. Flip once open, flip again close. I can't figure out how to upload picture but search it and its out there. If this isn't correct everyone with the correct knowledge please jump in with the correct answer please.

I got a quistion though what do we do with pin 4? And should we put a switch on 10 and 12 to switch off untill windows loads?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users