3 replies to this topic

#1 Ironman268

Ironman268

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:58 AM

So I have a console that had 0021, I got a heatgun and reflowed it. Then I put the bolts on the back and it went back to error code 0020 so I though, "Ok no big deal just mess with the tightness for a while." Well, after an hour of screwing with those bolts I decided to just pull an xclamp, and put it on instead of the bolts. I got it all set and it still flashed 0020. Then I restarted it and it flashed 0001. Restarted again and 0020. I played around with the tightness of the pegs on the xclamp, but with no success.

Finally I dialed it in right and started it up. It flashed green lights then I heard a POP and something started smoking. I restarted and got 0001. i can't find anything though that blew. All the capacitors and other "cans" on the mobo are in good shape. Exactly what happened?

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:11 AM

Something on your board blew. I'd guess it's a capacitor, as those are typically what fail after a bad heat gun job.

Are you sure you're not missing something? Extensive pics would be helpful. (I'm talking good, clear, high-res pics, not blurry crap.)

#3 Rhino61466

Rhino61466

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

I second a blown capacitor. They are the only thing on a motherboard that would "pop".

#4 Ironman268

Ironman268

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

IPB Image

IPB Image

More will come later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users