• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 CptPron

CptPron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:37 AM

I am kind of new to this whole scene, so if I'm obviously missing something then sorry ahead of time. I soft modded my xbox using the guide on this site, I also installed a 120 gig hard drive. Everything worked fine during all of that. I had EvoX installed and everything working. I am going to use this game as an example because it's one that did exactly what some others are doing, Gauntlet Legends: Dark Legacy. It came as an ISO, and I found out quick that you can't just upload the ISO. So I got Qwix and extracted some of the ISO's to my computer hard drive and then transfered the files to the xbox using flashfxp. Well the game shows up in the list, but when I loaded it, it would get to press start, and then when you press start it would just freeze. So I burned the ISO and low and behold it worked fine. So, since it seemed to be working burned I used the DVD2Xbox app and now the game works fine. I don't understand why I had to go through all the mess of burning it and then using that program for it to work. Fable worked extracting and transferring, as did Soul Calibur 2. Some games that didn't work, that I assume would if I burn them first and then do the stupid DVD2Xbox are Halo 2, Gauntlet Seven Sorrows, Morrowind and Mortal Kombat: Deception all won't work transferred over FTP. I changed from EvoX to Avalaunch and that didn't do any good either. I really don't want to have to burn all these games that won't work over ftp after I transfer them over. So please if you have any suggestions, or ran into anything like this let me know. I'm using Qwix 1.01, Avalanch Alpha v.0.49.3, and a laptop with Windows 7 Pro x64.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:45 AM

Games don't come as an ISO, they come as a DVD. Just rip the original DVD using DVD2Xbox.

#3 CptPron

CptPron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 3 2011, 01:45 AM) View Post

Games don't come as an ISO, they come as a DVD. Just rip the original DVD using DVD2Xbox.

I understand, but I happen to have some ISO's.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:25 AM

You may have some ISOs, but you don't seem to have read the rules. ISO = download, download = pirate, pirate = no help here at Xbox Scene.

#5 CptPron

CptPron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 3 2011, 02:25 AM) View Post

You may have some ISOs, but you don't seem to have read the rules. ISO = download, download = pirate, pirate = no help here at Xbox Scene.

Just because I have ISO's I'm a pirate? Ok...

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:39 AM

If you made the ISO from your own copy of the game, then it's a backup and you aren't a pirate - but if that's the case then you can rip the original game disc using DVD2Xbox, so your problem is solved.

If you don't have the original game disc then yes, you are a pirate. The rules are quite clear.

#7 CptPron

CptPron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:43 AM

I made the ISO's then lent the games out... I just need help with this.

#8 Lord Crass

Lord Crass

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:55 AM

Some xbe files (the main game executable) have one or more media checks in them. By default, DVD2Xbox will strip a few of the common ones out when it rips the disc to your hard drive. Most of the newer mod chips will also patch these out on-the-fly when you run the game and you'll never encounter a problem with them.

You can tell DVD2Xbox to process an ACL on a specific directory that's already on your hard drive. Take a non-working upload via FTP and try applying the ACL against it. If it works after that, the media check is your problem. If it doesn't, then I'm not sure. Perhaps a corrupted upload?

I think Qwix has the option to patch these media checks on upload as well, but I'm not sure if it handles as many as DVD2Xbox does.

#9 CptPron

CptPron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE(Lord Crass @ Mar 3 2011, 05:55 AM) View Post

Some xbe files (the main game executable) have one or more media checks in them. By default, DVD2Xbox will strip a few of the common ones out when it rips the disc to your hard drive. Most of the newer mod chips will also patch these out on-the-fly when you run the game and you'll never encounter a problem with them.

You can tell DVD2Xbox to process an ACL on a specific directory that's already on your hard drive. Take a non-working upload via FTP and try applying the ACL against it. If it works after that, the media check is your problem. If it doesn't, then I'm not sure. Perhaps a corrupted upload?

I think Qwix has the option to patch these media checks on upload as well, but I'm not sure if it handles as many as DVD2Xbox does.

Thank you very much! That makes perfect sense. I will definitely check into this. Thanks again!

#10 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:48 AM

you can load and run the ISO directly using any of the latest softmods with the ISO loader xbe in the same dir as the ISO (you can also rename the xbe header to show the game name)

#11 CptPron

CptPron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:24 AM

Just as a random test, running it on gauntlet seven sorrows and mortal kombat folders it didn't seem to fix it, but I will do some more testing. At least I feel like I'm headed in the right direction now. Thanks!

QUOTE(xman954 @ Mar 3 2011, 06:48 AM) View Post

you can load and run the ISO directly using any of the latest softmods with the ISO loader xbe in the same dir as the ISO (you can also rename the xbe header to show the game name)

Where can I get this or find out more? Just upload the ISO and a .xbe file to point at it? I'd really like to know more, Thanks!

#12 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

Alternative:

With an .ISO file on the hard disk, boot linux (probably loopback), mount appropriate partition(s) and extract with extract-xiso http://sourceforge.n...s/extract-xiso/

Edited by Movax, 03 March 2011 - 07:30 PM.

#13 CptPron

CptPron

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

Thanks everyone, but I cleared the cache folder on the E drive and everything is working now. I appreciate everything! I'd still really like to know how to play just ISO's on the hard drive, so let me know anything that can help Xman. Thanks! biggrin.gif

#14 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Loves to mod gaming consoles.
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:05 AM

Ok i searched on google and found this

as a matter of fact, you can play from an iso on your xbox. nkpatcher comes with utilities which enable you to back up a disc to an iso and play it from the hdd.

i don't think you even need to be using nkpatcher to use the utilities but i can't confirm this.

a directory is created, the iso is put in it, and a default.xbe is created to run the program from the iso. the default.xbe is basically a renamed attacher.xbe with the game name edited to match the iso. it is quite neat and i have done it. it is useful for installing games to the hdd that have long filename problems!

you can find more info on the net.

gates668

so yeah it is possible try it see if it works
also this too may help http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=332299

Edited by BuraddoX, 05 March 2011 - 03:17 AM.

#15 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:33 AM

if you made the iso with dvdtoxbox tool, you can ftp the iso to your pc, use any iso tool xiso, magic iso, Power iso. (what ever you use) to open the iso file.
drag all the files in the iso to a folder named what ever the game is called, then ftp the folder and contents back to the xbox..
But honestly..
Just rip the dvd to the xbox not iso's its easier and faster.

p.s

QUOTE(CptPron @ Mar 3 2011, 02:31 AM) View Post

Just because I have ISO's I'm a pirate? Ok...

Not really... could have reason to make an iso.
QUOTE(CptPron @ Mar 3 2011, 02:43 AM) View Post

I made the ISO's then lent the games out... I just need help with this.

Oh So you made lots of iso's then lent out ALL the games you had made iso's of and its going to be faster to find a way to use the iso's than wait for your games to come back.
OK.. right, whatever you say.. dry.gif

Edited by shambles1980, 10 June 2011 - 03:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users