What Have I Done Wrong?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ericaesop

ericaesop

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Unicycling, hip hop, xbox(duh), smokin weed, soft/hard modding anything i get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:27 PM

First off im not quite sure if this is in the right forum so please forgive me if it isnt.
I recently tsop'd my 1.4 xbox with x2 4981.06 bios, deleted ms dash and replaced it with xbmc (running from C). everything works great, except whenever i try to load a program (some are on C and some are on E), the screen goes black and reloads xbmc. I cant seem to figure out where i went wrong and its got me banging my head against the wall grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif . Please help, Thanks in advance.

--Eric

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:04 PM

Deleting the MS Dash wasn't a brilliant move, but it isn't the cause of your problem.

Forget XBMC for a while, get UnleashX running as your dash. Rename it evoxdash.xbe, and put it in the root of C:\, then see if you can load programs.

#3 ericaesop

ericaesop

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Unicycling, hip hop, xbox(duh), smokin weed, soft/hard modding anything i get my hands on.

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

Well I grabbed the latest unleashX from the usual place, now when i try to load a program it loads the flubber boot animation and such then right back to unleashx. sad.gif

#4 3800sc

3800sc

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(ericaesop @ Mar 4 2011, 03:34 PM) View Post

Well I grabbed the latest unleashX from the usual place, now when i try to load a program it loads the flubber boot animation and such then right back to unleashx. sad.gif

Get s copy of Slayers and do a rebuild of your hard drive with that. Just install XBMC as an application smile.gif

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:31 PM

Before you rebuild the disk, try deleting the contents of the cache (E:\cache\) and the X, Y and Z partitions. If that doesn't improve things, delete the contents of E:\TDATA and E:\UDATA - but note that this is where your gamesaves are, so you will lose any progress on any games you have played unless you back them up first.

#6 ericaesop

ericaesop

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:43 AM

laugh.gif The problem has been resolved, i deleted a folder i believe had to do with my softmod, it began with an n. thanks for all the help smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users